Operations Supervisor I - Radius
Shift: 1st shift
This employee will coordinate day-to-day activities of the production process, including personnel supervision, work assignments, and coordination of the product flow through the production phase.
- Supervises fabricators through all phases of production following established schedules. Offers guidance and coaching to manufacturing personnel. Formulates and recommends staffing requirements and training plans, including the development of programs and procedures for the training of personnel.
- Participates in the selection, retention, and development of personnel including interviewing, performance appraisals, and promotion recommendations. Ensures accurate time charging.
- Develops, schedules, and implements work activities for the metal fabrication, paint, and repair area.
- Requires complete familiarity with and understanding of the general aspects and technical phases of the fabrication.
- Interprets and executes policies and procedures and recommends modifications to operating policies.
- Provides oversight on department equipment to ensure functionality and safety.
- Analyzes work processes for improvement. Applies knowledge of production planning to determine information such as material to be used, type of operations, and sequence of operations required. Monitor usage and supply of all production materials and tooling; reorder when necessary. Interfaces with Production Control to help prevent material and equipment shortages.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of the product.
- Participates in the selection, design, and building of tooling needed for the production process. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of the departments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations Management preferred. May substitute equivalent experience in place of education.
- 3-5 years of experience in a Fab/Machining and/or related technical field, with at least 2 of those years in a supervisory capacity.
- Preferred experience with ERP and LEAN manufacturing concepts
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.