Applications Developer/Support Analyst
Under general supervision, plans, designs, and installs information applications which includes programs and databases needed to support the flow of information between facilities, employees, vendors, and other customers. Must provide information system support to both internal and external customers (i.e.: other manufacturing and distribution facilities). Assists manufacturing facilities with the design, programming, and implementation of systems that solve specific business problems or enhance the flow of information. The scope of this role includes:
- Programming and databases: transform business requirements into effective and efficient applications that help Toro reduce operating costs. Design, create, and implement applications using software tools available (Visual Basic, .Net Framework, JAVA, Oracle, and Internet).
- PC and network support: ensure the reliability/stability of Toro Windom's PC/Network system. Identify and analyze system problems, determine the cause, evaluate alternative solutions, and make recommendations for corrective action.
- General support: Develop a working understanding of both the functional and technical requirements of assigned systems. Apply analytical skill to both technical and functional issues and problems. Clearly communicates (written and verbally) both technical and function requirements and issues. Provide technical assistance and consulting to network users.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or combination of education, training, and relevant experience
- One or more (1+) years of experience in programming, PC support, and/or systems analysis or related experience
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of microcomputer applications and database programming