Associate Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The Department of English at the University of Minnesota invites applications to an Associate Director of Curriculum and Instruction position (job opening id 342844). This position supports the academic programs of the department through curricular developments, evaluation, and planning and management of instructional services. The position oversees over 250 classes/teaching appointments per year and is responsible for an instructional budget of $2 million. The position develops and modifies services and offerings to improve quality and efficiency and conducts workshops, orientations, and training for instructors. Considered the content expert in all aspects of the curriculum and instructional services, the person in this position keeps up-to-date on current trends and developments in the field and serves as a consultant to department leadership.
- BA/BS degree in English or related field with at least 6 years of post-degree curriculum administration experience in an educational setting.
- Budget management experience.
- High level project management experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience conducting high-level data analysis and working with complex spreadsheets and reports.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Commitment to working with diverse individuals and groups.
- Excellent interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills.
- M.A. degree in English or related field with at least 4 years curriculum administration experience in a higher ed setting.
- University level teaching experience.
- Three plus years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and communicating complex issues from multiple frames of reference and perspectives.
- Experience creating strategies and initiatives to enhance and improve curriculums and instructional programming in a higher ed setting.
- Experience working with faculty, staff, students and administrators.
- Experience managing instructional services.
- Experience instituting curricular changes to improve equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Experience developing and leading workshops, orientations and training sessions.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and problem solving skills.
Required application materials: (1) cover letter, (2) CV, (3) a statement of no more than 500 words describing your demonstrated commitment to and experience in creating a diverse and inclusive atmosphere in the work place. To be assured full consideration, online applications with the attached materials must be submitted by September 3, 2021. Selected applicants will be contacted for interviews via Zoom.
How To Apply
Applicants must apply on-line through the University of Minnesota. To be considered for this position, please go to https://humanresources.umn.edu/content/find-job and search for job opening id 342844 then click the "Apply" button and follow the instructions. You will have an opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and CV. Additional documents must be uploaded by accessing the "my cover letters and attachment" page.