Distribution Center Supervisor
Distribution Center Supervisor - 2nd shift
At The Toro Company in Plymouth, Wisconsin we pride ourselves on being a leading distributor for the enterprise. Our distribution center in Plymouth stands as a place for people to learn and thrive. We take pride in the products we package and send out to the customer. We contribute to building communities, cities, and the world.
The Distribution Center Supervisor plans, organizes, coordinates and supervises the day-to-day activities of the hourly employees to ensure a continuous and efficient flow of service parts to meet daily schedules. Oversees assigned areas of the Plymouth operation which may include picking, packing, and stock putaway. Reports to the Distribution Center Operations Manager.
- Warehouse setting experience with moving equipment
- May support through coaching and supervising up to 50 direct reports
- Core hours for this position will be 3:30pm -12:00am.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises and coordinates activities of hourly staff
- Creates and maintains an environment that promotes safety for people and processes
- Oversees training of new and existing employees to include work methods and procedures
- Provides timely positive and constructive feedback on performance
- Supports HR and Operations Manager with investigations, disciplinary processes, attendance, and various other areas of personnel management
- Facilitates resolution of material shortages and equipment problems as needed
- Completes daily summary report of operations status in their assigned area(s)
- Interfaces with team members daily and acts as the first line of command in resolving problems, coaching and counseling, maintaining efficient, orderly workflow and a safe working environment
- Maintains reports on labor, accuracy, productivity and other related reporting, and meets with staff to discuss individual performance on a regular basis
- Assists in processing hazardous shipping documents. Must obtain and remain current with Hazardous Shippers Certification
- Complies with all required Employment Laws and OSHA regulations and policies
- Assesses efficiencies of labor, set up, processes, etc., in a continued effort to identify and communicate cost reduction opportunities
- Maintains and improves quality levels by ensuring that all work processes are performed correctly and accurately
- Trained on and utilizes SAP, QlikView, Engage voice picking, CMS, and utilizes other supporting systems skills for efficient operations
- Provides back up support/shift coverage for supervisors on varying shifts during vacations, illness, or as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.