7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Assure that the manufacturing area safely produces the highest quality component parts on a timely basis at a competitive cost, while maintaining superior employee/customer relations and optimizing inventory turns. Develop long- and short-range plans to assure the manufacturing areas are aligned with Division/Corporate core value strategies. Assures that manufacturing resources are properly managed to meet customer needs in a cost effective manner. Assures that all government and corporate regulations are followed and complied with. Keeps current of latest business and industry developments. Remains flexible and progressive in leading/managing the manufacturing process.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide necessary leadership to implement all safety, quality, and manufacturing systems at the Boss Snowplow manufacturing facilities
- Provide daily leadership to team members to ensure all safety, quality, delivery, and cost reduction initiatives are being executed and goals are being met
- Support critical decision making processes as required throughout the organization
- Provide support on the development of strategic planning and business objectives
- Assures component parts are manufactured and available per the Master Schedule, conforms to specification and are produced in a cost effective manner.
- Responsible for creating an environment which values employees, serves our customers and provides a fair return to owner.
- Assures excellent housekeeping, productivity and work habits are maintained.
- Responsible for timely production of service parts to assure a superior level of customer service.
- Responsible for all operator preventive maintenance needs of the facility.
- Assures the efficient handling and control of W.I.P. inventory.
- Assures capital equipment is fully utilized and proper operator P.M. schedules are developed and maintained.
- Articulates company, divisional, and facility objectives and performance through effective communication that may include regular staff and plant group meetings.
- Recommends and implements changes to stay competitive in all areas of quality, cost, product availability, inventory control, customer service and employee relations.
- Communicates effectively at all levels in the organization to keep manufacturing on track with corporate/division objectives.
- Leads manufacturing in applying the principles of “Lean Manufacturing” in the workplace.
- Administers the labor agreement in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Responsible for the execution of production plans to meet the required schedule at a satisfactory cost level (includes cost center, budget, manpower plans, systems developments, and asset management).
- Provide ongoing analysis of manufacturing area operating results and corrective action to meet or exceed planned performance levels of quality, expense, efficiency and inventory control.
- Responsible for appropriate manpower planning during peak and non-peak operations, utilizing contract language and processes to balance customer need and cost goals.
- Support the development and implementation of the capital plan to provide adequate capacity, aggressive quality improvement, and strong cost and asset control.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of plant production systems, policies and procedures, and methods as required to meet short/long term objectives.
- Responsible for the development of improved methods, layouts, equipment, techniques and processes to maintain and improve the competitive nature of the manufacturing area.
- Monitor safety, energy, hygiene, fire protection, environmental and security programs.
- All other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to walk and stand throughout working hours, up to 10 hours
- Manufacturing setting with moving equipment and varying lighting, temperature and noise levels
- Typical office environment as it pertains to lighting, temperature, and noise level when in administrative/operations offices
- Ability to work up to 90% of time in manufacturing environment to collaborate with teams and identify/implement improvements
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Seven (7) plus years progressive manufacturing supervision and management experience or similar environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds, at all levels of the Company, and handle sensitive information appropriately
- Strong management, organizational, and leadership skills
- Self-motivated and directed, able to work well under pressure, manage and prioritize multiple initiatives concurrently, attend to details, and meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and change priorities and direction as needed, allowing for optimum effectiveness
- Ability to anticipate problems and take necessary action to minimize likelihood and impact of problems
- Ability to use initiative and drive to achieve results
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimal day to day instructions or as part of a team
- Strong organizational, planning communication and negotiation skills
- Strong computer application experience – PC and ‘Microsoft Office’ literacy, preferable SAP operational exposure
- Understanding and practical application of financial data combined with strong analytical skills
- Excellent skills in facilitating business planning processes and implementing the measurement and monitoring processes to make them active tools.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.