Automation and Controls Maintenance Technician
The Toro Company is seeking an Automation and Controls Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for performing a variety of technical duties relating to the electrical, mechanical, instrumentation, and control functions in a high-paced manufacturing environment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and modify software programs for material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
- Act as first level escalation support for the (Controls Specialist Technician) CST teams. Appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operation.
- Partner with Facility Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Act as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the building.
- Communicate technical issues and project timelines with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team. Explain production impacts and work closely with operations and engineering to ensure a thorough understanding of impact to systems.
- Train and develop CSTs on controls systems concepts and procedures
- Adheres to the requirements of Company safety policies including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment and Hazardous Waste handling practices as well as safety rules, instructions and procedures.
- Follows all requirements of Hazardous Energy Control programs, applicable NEC, ANSI, CDRH, NFPA, OSHA, Federal, State and Local regulations. Safety training is provided.
- Participates in continuous improvement events.
- Thorough understanding of automation controls principles and operations.
- 5-7 years minimum: identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify AB RS LOGIX 5000 PLC\'s and PLC components, HMI components, control network components, and Motor Controls (including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components)
- Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems and 2 and 3 wire motor control.
- Expert skill level: interpret and modify drawings both mechanical and electrical
- Project Management experience preferred
- Formal technical education (on-the-job or institutional)
- AA or higher in a relevant field (manufacturing, industrial engineering, etc.), or 8-10 years of verifiable experience in lieu of education.