Engineer I, Electrical
The Toro Company is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our engineering team in the Commercial Division. The position is based out of our Corporate Headquarters in Bloomington, MN. The qualified candidate will be capable of developing machine electrical systems for electric and hybrid electric powered commercial turf equipment.
- Create designs to satisfy the product objectives related to the specific areas assigned. Create marketable ideas for new and revised products. Performs engineering analysis to predict the behavior of a proposed design and resolves design problems.
- Responsible for the assigned areas of design and assures that cost, timing, durability, performance, manufacturability, and quality to meet project objectives plus Toro and Industry Safety Standards. Conducts regular design, manufacturability, safety, serviceability and safety reviews for the assigned areas of design.
- May provide work direction and monitor the designers, draftspersons, and Experimental Shop mechanics assigned to the areas of design responsibility.
- Works with vendors to insure selection of application approved, quality components.
- Assists with such things as writing project requests, documentation, and all activity through release and change management using established Engineering and Development Procedures.
- Communicate and coordinate work with the following and is responsible for designs achieved with their assistance: Experimental Shop, Test, CAE, Accounting, Purchasing, Drafting, Manufacturing, and Styling.
- Performs other job related duties as may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited university
- Experience with electronics and software development using 8, 16 or 32-bit microcontrollers
- Experience with electric motors, motor inverters, sensors, and battery systems
- Experience with formal software development processes and software configuration management tools
- Analyze and troubleshoot vehicle electrical systems using meters, oscilloscopes, and data acquisition equipment
- Passionate about product development, from concept through production
- Excellent communication and teaming skills
- Time management and ability to balance priorities
- Continuous improvement mindset
- One or more (1+) years of relevant experience preferred
- Master’s degree in Engineering preferred
- Experience with automotive or off-road equipment preferred
- Embedded C programming experience preferred
- Experience with CAN preferred
- Experience with modeling physical/electrical systems and mechanical intuition preferred
- Motor control experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability preferred