Electrical & Control Systems Engineer - $2k Sign On Bonus + Retention Bonus
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
Develop and design machine controls for newly built custom automation machines, upgrades to our current standard machines, line modifications, and additions.
- Develop engineering design including the following: Electrical schematics, panel layouts, and the bill of materials for equipment. These will be documented in AutoCAD, or DraftSight.
- Provide the programming for the PLC and HMI. Beckhoff current standard. Allen Bradley acceptable. Visual Studio for HMI. C# (C Sharp).
- Selection and purchase of electrical and controls components.
- Active involvement in scheduling and planning team meetings with contractors, consultants, plant personnel, and schedule management to deliver on time.
- Train plant personnel on operation, maintenance, and use of equipment.
- Maintain project documentation and assist in creating Machine Operation Manuals, spare parts kits, and work instruction.
- Assistance in the shop to help fabricate the panels.
- Maintain electrical/programming standards.
- Assist in product design and architecture development.
- Design, develop, and maintain software systems to satisfy documented software requirements.
- Investigate and analyze reported software defects to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Proactively provide status, raise issues, and communicate necessary information to appropriate team members on a regular basis.
- Prepare, present, and participate in technical discussions and code reviews.
- Contribute to the continued development of processes to improve the efficiency and quality of development projects; assist in formulating standards and development practices to improve the software development process.
- Make recommendations and assist in the implementation of new processes and tools.
- Consult with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interfaces between hardware & software, and operational & performance requirements of the overall system
- Manage the software build process and manage all software releases and revisions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 5+ years of software development experience with demonstrable experience and fundamental understanding of :
- Beckhoff twincat 3 and twincat 2,Cognex – insight explorer, Visual studio- C#,Data base- Sequel Sever Management Studio ,VIP plus – Yamaha robot. RSX studio for new Yamahas, Keyence – XGX Vision editor and Vision Terminal, Notepad ++
- Solidworks, Draftsight, or AutoCAD experience a plus.
- Working skills in multiple SW languages, Op Systems and development processes.
- Demonstrated capabilities for incorporating relational database management systems (MS SQL, Oracle, etc.) into software applications.
- Strong understanding of software development processes, principles, and objectives.
- Knowledge of source code management and configuration.
- Ability to work independently and assume complete responsibility.
- Experience in development through the entire life cycle including design, architecture, and implementation.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to act in an entrepreneurial manner to ensure that the software delivered matches the needs of the opportunity.
- Proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both a technical and non-technical audience; comfortable with direct communication with all levels of technical and business resources.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Interested in the challenge, excitement, and responsibility of a fast-paced, growth environment; desire and ability to learn and apply new skills and technologies quickly.
- Experience with working in a highly collaborative and dynamic multi-team environment.
- Demonstrated hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, self-starter.
- Ability to balance personal and professional life.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.