QA Manager- $2k Sign On Bonus + Retention Bonus
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
The Quality Assurance Manager in Chanhassen, MN will be managing a quality team on manufacturing shop floor environment to assure the quality of our products through quality/process controls and process improvement support. The Quality Assurance Manager will be overseeing the Quality Department team to manage team deliverable, commitments and Company goals and milestones.
- Maintains all quality systems to assure they are effective and efficient.
- Drives corrective action preventive action teams.
- Develop implement and maintain the quality plans to sustain the Quality Management System.
- Develops, documents, implements and maintains standards, methods, and procedures for quality assurance, quality inspection and visual inspection.
- Shop floor daily follow up with focus to maintain the process/product quality and production process improvements.
- Ensure that all external and internal requirements are met during our production process and before product reaches our customers.
- Change Management Control and supervision to guarantee that all changes proposed it will not affect the product quality and quality controls.
- Incoming Inspection process coordination.
- Provide ongoing coaching to QA Engineers, Quality Assurance Inspectors and Visual Inspectors to maintain and improve the Quality Management System.
- Assess product specifications and suppliers of raw materials to comply with customer requirements.
- Interact with Production, Purchasing, Engineering and Customer Service to maintain compliance with raw materials and finished goods.
- Define Quality Procedures in conjunction with all local departments.
- Oversee effectiveness and efficiency of document control process.
- Lead Customer complains through our quality system through 8D report and in proper time to Customer
- Liaison with customer’s auditors and ensuring the execution of internal corrective actions, customer complaint responses and supplier corrective actions.
- Identify, monitor, and execute quality trainings.
- Supervise Quality Department staff in carrying out test, inspection and in-process checks.
- Manage Quality Department budget.
- Promote understanding and compliance to ISO9001 & ISO14001.
- Determine and execute quality objectives for the company
- . Ensures that Quality Policy is reviewed communicated and understood.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors of Industrial Engineering, Process Eng., Chemical Eng. Mechanical Eng. or other bachelors linked with manufacturing environment or similar.
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing shop floor supervision or management.
- Minimum 3 years prior experience in Quality Assurance Manager Position.
- Experience with manufacturing shop floor environment and quality/process improvements.
- Lean Manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience working with Contract Manufacturers, Suppliers, Distributors
- Technical knowledge experience with Quality Management Systems, ISO9001
- Technical knowledge experience with Environmental Management Systems, ISO14001
- Technical knowledge experience with Health & Safety systems, OSHAS 18001
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and technical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, specially Excel and PowerPoint and presentation skills
- ERP system knowledge (preferable Oracle)
- Strong understanding of Root Cause Analysis tools (RCA) and 8D report analysis
- Strong understanding of Statistic data preparation and analysis.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.