IT Business Systems Engineer
The Business Systems Engineer is responsible for researching, planning, coordinating and recommending software and system choices to meet an organization's business requirements. The Business Systems Engineer must demonstrate proficiency in four primary skills: analytical, technical, managerial, and interpersonal. The Business Systems Engineer must be able to work with various software environments, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms. Business Systems Engineers will work with end users as well as with other IT professionals. They will act as liaisons between vendors and IT as well as provide 3rd level support for all supported applications.
- Design, implement and troubleshoot complex systems and systems architecture, including hardware and software. Design and implementation of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Solutions. Design, implement and maintain performance fault and capacity management. Manage and maintain all application test systems. Ensures business standards are being met within the Applications Team.
- Performs complex product evaluations, recommends and implements products/services. Create and maintain documentation of standards, procedures, logical and physical diagrams. Collects and reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes. Analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans for appropriate level enterprise-wide systems. Coordinates with appropriate management personnel in implementing changes.
- Knowledge share through mentoring analysts and specialists. Take ownership of major tasks, problems or projects. Knowledge of internal business processes as they relate to the applications and make recommendations as needed. Manage application lifecycle as determined by the business processes and current technology. Maintain assigned application interfaces. Act as project lead for upgrade projects.
- Work independently with minimum supervision/oversight and learn new technologies through the use of self-study materials. Ability to articulate technical information clearly and simply to customers or other non-technical personnel. Provide Level 3 support for 24x7 business operations including on-call. Drive configuration, change & release processes. Multi-task and work in cross functional team.
- Any combination of post secondary education in Business, Information Technology or related IT field and network experience to equal 7 years.
- 5+ years of experience as IT engineer.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and sound judgment. Strong analytic and troubleshooting skills required.
- Hands on experience with multiple IT technologies and solutions around networking, operations, databases and applications.
- Direct experience with evaluating, planning, designing and troubleshooting solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of escalation, configuration, change & release processes.