Group Fitness Instructor
Contribute to membership sales and retention, to provide class instruction and assistance, to ensure safety regulations, and to provide service enhancements.
- Actively pursues membership sales and recruits members and guests into activities and events.
- Ensures membership retention, repeat daily guest usage, and referrals through a high level of member and guest service delivery and response.
- Ensures an energetic and structured class format while ensuring visual cleanliness and order. Develops an energetic and highly motivational class within a fun, safe and professional atmosphere. Varies routines while complying with established formats and standards. Monitors and records class attendance. Communicates training methods effectively. Ensures each individual is exercising correctly by monitoring class with constant circulation.
- Ensures the safety of all participants in class by consistently reminding members and guests of safety principles for the type of class and exercise. Provides hands on correction to enhance fitness performance and prevent injury. Monitors correct placement of equipment to ensure stability and security. Monitors correct usage of class aids. Ensures operational safety of equipment and reports any inoperable or defective equipment, i.e. stereo, speakers, STEPS.
- Provides service enhancements to members and guests consistently during floor coverage. Encourages members and guests to ask questions. Assists members with questions, concerns, and directions. Motivates members to continue on the health program.
- Minimum of one national athletic certification, i.e. IDEA, ACE, NETA
- Minimum of six months experience teaching fitness classes
- Basic knowledge of human anatomy, physiology and kinesiology
- C.P.R. and First Aid Certifications or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
- On feet or standing 100% of time.