Manages overall operations of the Banquet department in support of Sales and Catering. Applies high guest service standards and ensures food quality.
Prepares and maintains budget. Is responsible for maintaining operating costs, labor costs, controllable expenses, and asset management of the following items: dishes, flatware, glasses, decorations, linens, etc. Is also responsible for overall profitability of department. Reviews monthly profit and loss statements and explains variances.
- Manages and coordinates, in conjunction with Banquet Assistant Manager, banquet activities to obtain effective use of equipment, facilities, and personnel. Conducts banquet operations in adherence to policies, procedures, food quality, safety, and service standards, including responsible alcohol service. May recommend acquisition of new equipment or re-design of space to increase efficiency and safety of operations.
- Ensures that room setup meets guests' expectations as outlined by Sales and Catering. Includes teardown and proper storage of banquet assets.
- Interacts and establishes relationships with guests to improve retention, promote guest loyalty, and resolve guest complaints.
- Recruits, interviews, selects, hires, and promotes team members. Includes team member training and developing. Completes performance appraisals and conducts disciplinary and discharge actions.
- Prepares department budget. Reviews monthly profit and loss statement and explains variances; reviews and monitors budget, including weekly payroll and tip reports.
- Participates in the development and formulation of administrative and operational policies and procedures. Designs work processes and oversees scheduling to maintain appropriate staffing levels.
- Has responsibility for department inventories (glassware, food, china, etc.) and for the disposition of such items.
- Occasional tasks.
Days TBD - based on business needs Hiring Rate or Hiring Range Based on qualifications Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Any combination of post-high school education and F&B restaurant/hotel experience with banquet emphasis to equal five years.
- Experience with word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation, electronic mail software, and restaurant-specific software.
- Supervisory experience with a staff of 5-20.
- On feet or standing 79% of time.