Assistant Front Office Manger
5 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Manages staff and activities of the hotel front office, bellstand, coat check, and information desk to ensure a pleasant guest experience, efficient registration and check-out of guests and effective provision of services. Applies high guest service standards. Uses and maintains multiple computer systems on a daily basis. Assumes Front Office Manager responsibilities in their absence to cover hours of 24/7 operation and to include being on call 24 hours a day.
Assists Manager in budget preparation and maintenance, forecasting and reconciling revenue. Responsible for all casino comp coupons and complimentaries issued and redeemed within the department. Responsible for department inventory and ordering of supplies according to budget/re-forecast. Weekly payroll and overtime within budgetary constraints.
- Manages and coordinates daily activities, in coordination with Supervisors, to obtain effective use of equipment, facilities, and personnel. Assigns tasks and sections. Conducts daily operations in adherence to policies, procedures, and safety and service standards.
- Responds to guest and team member concerns and resolves issues within the scope of authority. Responds to all department comment cards/emails through email or phone calls.
- Oversees and reviews team member schedules to ensure proper coverage. Utilizes labor standards to minimize labor expenses. Completes and reviews payroll and tip reporting for department.
- Hires, trains, conducts performance appraisals, and disciplines assigned team members.
- Develops monthly training pieces for team members and yearly strategic planning for supervisors. Coordinate/facilitate guest service classes. Creates and updates training materials, manuals and departmental procedures.
- Participates in budget planning and assists in tracking hotel performance. Assists with hotel monthly forecasts.
- Provides input on monthly room rate promotions.
- Ensures accurate room inventory of hotel systems and maximum occupancy.
- Reviews monthly service audits of team members, department asset inventory checklist and logs.
- Monitor, document and collect for guestroom damages and/or thefts. Assists surveillance, investigations and security with ongoing security incidents and investigations.
- Occasional tasks
- Combination of post secondary education in hospitality or related field and supervisory experience in a hotel environment to equal five years.
- Two years supervisory experience in a full-service hotel.
- One year experience in a gaming environment.
- Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets, and electronic mail software. Experience in hotel property management software system
- Extensive knowledge of full-service hotel operations and experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with a diverse group of people.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently and to prioritize and organize multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- On feet or standing 75% of time
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.