Human Resources Assistant
Status: Full-time regular position, non-exempt
Benefits: Qualifies for full-time benefits date of hire
Salary Range: $25.36 to $28.91 per hour
Location: Eden Prairie City Center
Hours: Typically standard business hours (8am-4:30pm); may involve some evening work; work schedule will vary based upon business need
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Human Resources and Support Services Manager
Human Resources Division
The Human Resources division enables the City to attract and retain individuals that can build a successful service based organization by developing innovative systems for the recruitment, retention and development of staff; providing solution-driven support to managers; and ensuring the trust of City staff through the fair application of human resources systems. The division also oversees compliance with applicable employment laws. The division is responsible for recruitment, employee relations, contract negotiations, compensation and benefit programs, and individual and organization development.
The Human Resources Assistant supports the Human Resources Division to ensure smooth operations of HR initiatives including staffing, recruiting, benefits, compensation, HR operations, software maintenance, events, etc. The primary position responsibilities and areas of impact are:
- Coordinates the recruitment process for part-time positions; ensures a streamlined process for candidates and hiring managers; proactively seeks out staffing needs for positions; responds to candidate questions in a timely manner; prepares interview schedules, itineraries and materials; conducts positive and welcoming interviews.
- Completes the staffing process based on the selection decision; sends turndown letters to candidates; updates website when positions are filled; maintains necessary documents.
- Supports the new hire onboarding processes; conducts new hire orientations; coordinates new hire activities; ensures all pre-employment activity is completed quickly and efficiently prior to formal job offers; tracks and ensures proper documentation for criminal history and background checks, drug and physical tests and CDL processes; confirms start date with new employee and completes checklist to ensure proper set-up for new hire prior to his/her first day of employment.
- Coordinates training logistics for internal and external trainings to ensure participants have a positive experience; posts reminders for dates; tracks attendees; responds to questions.
- Supports Risk Management/Support Services by creating first report of injury, maintaining OSHA files, and providing back-up support to the City Center Front Desk.
- Provides data entry support for new hire, status change and termination processes; understands basic laws, processes and procedures related to human resources; runs reports for HR division.
- Provides administrative support to Human Resources and Support Services Divisions; maintains appropriate records according to retention schedule and laws to ensure compliance and data integrity; prepares new employee files, maintains I-9 files, and files documents into appropriate employee files; responds to first point of contact requests such as unemployment and employment verifications.
While these areas are the primary focus of the position, we believe strongly in teamwork and employees will be called upon to perform a variety of duties as a part of their role with the City.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in human resources, communications, or a related field required.
Work Experience: Minimum of one year of experience in Human Resources required; experience supporting a Human Resources department preferred.
Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required; experience with HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems, Ultimate Kronos Group) preferred.
Physical effort is light for the majority of work with lifting or carrying limited to 25 pounds intermittently. Approximately 15% of the time there is pressure associated with a project or activity deadline. Work interruptions are frequent.
Most work is performed in a normal office environment.
We are a service organization. We take pride in what we do. We cultivate a supportive, encouraging and productive culture with a strong customer focus. We promote wellness and plan work/life balance into our goals. We value differences and foster inclusion. We achieve success by exhibiting our core values: collaboration, innovation, integrity, performance and relationships.
Position Specific Expectations
Communication: Able to convey a message to get a point across; communicates in a clear and concise manner; able to write clearly and succinctly; tailors message to a variety of communication settings and styles.
Attention to Detail: Able to find errors in work and solve problems; anticipates issues and performs at a high level of accuracy; sets up systems to ensure errors are not repeated.
Accountability: Follows through on commitments; focuses on appropriate tasks throughout the shift; takes responsibilities for actions both as an individual and on behalf of the organization; actions and words are in sync; follows all policies and procedures; maintains confidentiality; is prepared and punctual to all scheduled shifts.
Organization: Ability to coordinate several activities, responsibilities, and tasks simultaneously in a polite and professional manner; prioritizes what needs to get done; keeps things neat and orderly; utilizes tools for efficiency; factors several considerations when planning; establishes methods to ensure routine tasks are completed.
The City of Eden Prairie conducts professional reference and criminal history checks for all employees joining the organization. All final candidates must successfully complete and pass the pre-employment process before their first day of employment.
Post Date: September 9, 2021
Application Deadline: October 4, 2021 by 4:00 p.m.
Phone Screen (Virtual): week of October 11, 2021
First Round Interviews (Virtual): week of October 18, 2021
Second Round Interviews: week of October 25, 2021
Pre-Employment Processes: end of October, 2021/Beginning of November, 2021
Anticipated Start Date: November 22 or 29, 2021 (flexible)