Lead Arena Attendant - 2 Positions on 1st or 2nd Shift
The purpose of this position is to contribute to membership sales and retention; to oversee the functions of the ice arena, assisting members and guests in a professional, courteous, and service-oriented manner; and to provide service enhancements to members and guests.
- Ensures membership retention, repeat daily guest usage, and referrals through a high level of member and guest service delivery and response.
- Greets members and guests and assists with questions and concerns. Provides quality customer service to members and guests by managing ice bookings, answering questions and providing assistance with concerns. Monitor the rink and room bookings. Schedule ice reservations on an as needed basis. Coordinate skate rentals and collect fees based on established fee schedule. Assist members and guest with skate sharpening. Provides custom skate sharpening services.
- Ensure quality ice resurfacing to accommodate various activities (hockey, figure skating and public skate) by marking and maintaining the ice surface. Drive and operate the ice resurfacer and various other types of hand operated tools and equipment. Responsible for non-regular ice maintenance to include shaving, building, edging, removal and creation of the ice surface. Responsible for the operation and care of the ice resurfacing equipment (floor scrubbers, ice resurfacers and ice edgers) and monitoring the operation of the refrigeration systems. Assist with the cleanliness of the ice arena to maintain the arena in a neat and respectable condition at all times. Maintain and clean the board system and glass.
- Provides service enhancements to members and guests. Assists members with questions, concerns, and directions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license may be required with good driving record
- One year of Ice Resurfacer (Zamboni or Olympia) driving experience
- C.P.R. and First Aid Certifications or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment