American Augers - Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
American AugersAt American Augers in West Salem, Ohio we pride ourselves on being the leading manufacturer in large underground pipe and cable market. Our plant in West Salem stands out because it's a place for people to learn and thrive. We enjoy coming to work because they get to see equipment from start to finish. There is nothing better and to see the machines we created come alive and be ready to be put to work. All of our locations build the intricate network of machinery that contributes to Toro. We contribute to building communities, cities, and the world. We invite you to apply for the opportunity to become a part of our family and culture.JOB SUMMARY:This employee plans, conducts, and supervises the activities of the Facilities Maintenance Department which is responsible for the He/she estimates labor needs and schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications; develops proposals, budgets, and cost estimates; evaluates programs and results; and recommends major changes in procedures or objectives. This employee generally works with considerable latitude for action and decisions.
- Continuous Improvement – Proactively support the corporate goals through participation, training, and management. This could involve the installation of new equipment, reorganization of existing equipment, improving operating efficiency through preventative maintenance, and analyzing existing machine performance to optimize efficiency.
- Department Management – Manage and actively participate in the activities of the department to maintain the campus physical plant and infrastructure to create a pleasant, healthy, attractive, safe, and cost-effective environment for all employees enabling them to produce the highest quality products. This includes prioritizing maintenance requests and scheduling needed upgrades and repairs with the least impact on production.
- Personnel Administration – includes hiring, wage administration, performance evaluations, and disciplinary actions resulting in a workforce that effectively accomplishes the business objectives assigned to the department.
- Employee Development – encourages employee development by observing, listening, coaching, providing training and challenge the staff to increase and expand their knowledge, experience, and skills to maximize their contribution to the company.
- Financial Management – administer responsible financial management by creating realistic and effective budgets and monitor expenses to reach or exceed the corporate financial goal for return on sales. This includes assisting in creating proposals for maintenance, repair, remodeling, and upkeep of all company buildings, facilities, grounds, and equipment.
- Safety – Actively encourage a culture of safety by providing training and promoting the importance of maintaining a safe work environment not only for the department, but for all of American Augers.
- Department Representation – Represent the department as both an ambassador and active partner when interacting with other departments to help create a team atmosphere and common goals that serve the best and finest interests and corporate objectives of the company.
- Office environment part of the time.
- Plant environment much of the time. The shop environment includes: variable temperature and humidity, noise, and dirt; Physical hazards such as powered vehicle and pedestrian traffic, sharp objects, moving machinery, arc-welding and other electrical equipment, and high-voltage power supplies; Hazardous materials such as fuels, oils, grease, paint, solvents, coolant, pressurized gases, various acids and caustics, cleaners, and metals.
- Occasional outdoor work in all kinds of weather.
- A variable work schedule, with hours that vary according to the needs of the job. During emergencies or critical deadlines, this employee must work until the job is finished.
- Rapidly changing workloads and priorities, multiple requests from numerous managers, and conflicting deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree, Journeyman Certification, or 5 years of Industrial Maintenance Experience
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office, Preventative Maintenance Software, Ordering Software, Personnel Management Software
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees