Supervisor Inventory & Quality
Parts Distribution Center Supervisor
Inventory control and cycle counting specifically.
At the Toro Company we pride ourselves in being an industry leader for outdoor environment products. These markets include turf and landscape maintenance, snow and ice management, underground utility, specialty construction, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions. Our teams take pride in being on cutting edge of creating innovative products while partnering with world-class employees that bring passion to their everyday work. We truly value our employees with upward career mobility and advancement opportunities.
We invite you to become part of our team in Plymouth Wisconsin!
The Parts Distribution Center Supervisor plans, organizes, coordinates, and supervises the day-to-day activities of the hourly employees in the shipping/receiving, inspection and inventory departments. They will oversee all aspects of outbound shipments to customers that occur, including UPS and LTL shipments. Drive inventory reconciliation, cycle counting, and inventory reporting functions. Our Production Supervisors work with internal management utilizing lean principles to continuously improve day to day operations within our distribution center.
This position must be flexible to move schedule around to accommodate when other fellow supervisors are out of office or when business needs determine additional support on the schedule.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise, coordinate, and train activities and procedures of hourly staff.
- Work closely with common inbound carriers to resolve issues and assure quality of performance.
- Ensure outbound shipments are prepared and shipped on time and accurately.
- Maintain an orderly receiving dock to allow for safe operations and to meet stock put-away objectives.
- Assist in processing hazardous shipping documents. Must obtain and remain current with Hazardous Shippers Certification.
- Work directly with Parts Inventory Control to ensure inbound prioritization requests are met.
- Interface with team members daily and acts as the first line of command in resolving problems, coaching, and counseling, maintaining efficient, orderly workflow and a safe working environment.
- Assess efficiency of labor, set up, processes, etc., in a continued effort to identify and communicate cost reduction opportunities.
- Ability to move throughout the warehouse and work in an office setting
- Warehouse setting with moving equipment
- Support through coaching and supervising 4 direct reports
- Directly report to Manager, Distribution Center
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.