The Network Engineer will assist in the day-to-day project coordination and management of the CNS Network while providing analysis, troubleshooting, communication, and consulting to clients and vendors. The Network Engineer will provide support to the Network Services Manager on an on-going basis.
- Efficiently and accurately configures and maintains ROADM, MPLS, SONET, Power Systems, and alarm and monitoring systems.
- Frequently interacts with network and transport service providers and owners to troubleshoot network issues while communicating issues with customers in an accurate and timely manner. Provides timely progress reports as needed.
- Performs technical evaluation of network design while providing cost estimation for requested services to verify circuits meet all required specifications.
- Reviews daily reports of network performance and provides technical guidance to Network Services Manager and/or appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Accurately develops and maintains records associated with CNS' various systems.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously while achieving the timelines and established goals of the assignment.
- Installs, tests and maintains network equipment on an on-going basis.
- Proactively manages project updates, keeping the client and manager up-to-date on project status and any potential issues.
- May assist the Network Manager in the preparation of RFP responses to include equipment plans and specifications, contracts, network diagramming, transport and narratives to support the RFP.
- Manage customer and vendor relationships for CNS projects and day-to-day activities.
- Provide technical consulting services to owner companies in the areas of transport and central office equipment.
- Develops technical plans and specifications for clients and assist with equipment procurement. Provides training to others, including co-workers and clients as needed.
- Ensure deadlines are met and tasks are accurately completed to ensure highest level of client relationships.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Two Year Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Networking or Telecommunications.
- Five or more years of applicable work experience in transport pricing and coordination, access service request processing, and network design.
- CCNA preferred, but not required.
- Linux experience preferred.
- Cisco Certifications preferred but not required prior to hire. Required after hire.
- Preferred experience with Visio.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience displaying the ability to grow customer and vendor relations, developing technical plans, and preparing RFP responses.
- Must be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision, make decisions for the CNS organization on projects, self start and take tasks from start to completion.
- Prioritization of projects and deadlines required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a necessity to successful performance in this position.
Apply for Network Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly