Marketing Operations Manager
Areas of Responsibility:
Partners with other marketing leaders to align communication efforts with business objectives and leads the marketing department's workflow management. Collaboratively consults with marketing team to support strategic business needs while improving the effectiveness and efficiency of processes and programs.
Responsible for planning, defining and implementing the creative brief for new marketing communication projects. Develops communications strategies to ensure the creative work not only fits the brand, but is also strategically focused. Provides insight so that creative ideas developed are applicable to the media channels that will promote the idea most effectively. Responsible for leading and overseeing the team responsible for the coordination and tracking of all marketing projects. Communicates with necessary department heads on project status and monitors and ensure compliance with company policies.
Prepares and maintains the budget for marketing projects. Reports variances and submits supporting documentation on departmental activity.
- Develop communication strategies for marketing projects and campaigns across traditional and digital channels, and provide creative team with a clearly defined and detail-rich brief that contains concise information.
- Attend all planning meetings. Report project status, statistics, and metrics to Director of Brand Marketing and other key stakeholders on regular basis.
- Oversee workflow process. Responsible for reporting on project status, issues, and helping to find resolutions to problems that arise during process.
- Continually improve work process and efficiencies. Ability to manage schedule changes, regular work interruptions, multiple deadlines, and targets goals.
- Oversee implementation, development, training, improvements, and usage of CMS and Workflow systems. Assist with development of SLAs and make adjustments as necessary.
- Ensure proper approval process has been followed on all projects. Review and summarize tactical results at end of each project. Continually improve work process and efficiencies.
- Assist the operational department directors and managers in the development of marketing initiatives, including the development of program specifications and collateral materials for individual departments.
- Manage availability and distribution of brand resources. Create and distribute information and resources on initiatives to operational departments, support departments, and others as appropriate. Ensure accurate and accessible electronic and asset library for marketing use.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent experience as a Project Manager, Traffic Manager or Account Manager within a Marketing or Communications environment.
- Minimum of two years direct or indirect supervisory experience.
- Ability to manage schedule changes, regular work interruptions, multiple deadlines, and targets goals.
- Working knowledge of media buying/planning.
- Knowledge/Experience developing integrated marketing campaigns across traditional and digital channels.
- Experience in Marketing or Communications Project Management and tactical implementation
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse population
- Creative, strategic and critical thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Presentation skills
- Proficient in word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and email
- Experience with CMS and/or Workflow technology