Software Support Team Member
Support Team Member
[Who we are]
CodeWeavers is a small company based in St Paul, Minnesota that enables customers to run Windows programs on macOS, Linux and Android using the open source Wine technology.
[About the position]
We have a relatively small Customer Support team that we are looking to expand. Ideal candidates will be technology minded individuals who can deliver fabulous customer support, primarily through email but also sometimes over the phone.
[Why it's interesting]
CodeWeavers prides itself on four tenants. Do challenging and meaningful work, work with people we respect, have fun at work and of course make money. We thrive by working in an environment with competent coworkers (BONUS: Small company. No strict policies or forms to fill out. You will get to know all of your coworkers), little management hassle, and a sensible approach to work-life balance. AND a yearly trip to the Wine Conference.
- Ability and willingness to learn and grow in a technology focused position.
- Completely at home with Mac OS. You can steer people around it with your eyes closed (and have some technical background too).
- Strong writing skills. Writing a step-by-step walk-through is a cakewalk for you.
- Excellent phone customer service. You can keep customers on task while still sounding friendly.
- Creative problem solver. Solutions and workarounds leap from your mind like caffeinated rabbits.
- Familiar with Windows? Familiar with Linux? Familiar with Chrome OS? Great!
- Previous tech support or retail customer service experience.
- Previous software testing experience
- Able to work in a small team and share your findings or ask for help.
- Cat-like reflexes
- Understanding of why Star Wars is superior to Star Trek
[How to apply]
If you are interested in applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume, any relevant work samples you are able to offer, and tell us a little about yourself (specific technology interests? favorite games? hobbies outside of computer software).
Benefits (US Employees Only):
- IRA matching
- Health Insurance
- Heath Reimbursement Account
- Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Family & Medical leave benefits
- Longevity perks
- 20 Days PTO
- 6 Holidays PTO
- Public transportation reimbursement (MN only)
- Shower (MN only)
- Unlimited coffee & sparkling water (MN only)