Web Operations Manager
Web Operations Manager
This is a professional position in the University Marketing and Communications department working under the direction of the Director of Strategic Communications and Special Assistant to the Chancellor. This position will oversee the campus website including website content and design, user experience, project management and the web content management system. This position will work in close collaboration with the Technology Services and University Marketing and Communications teams.
This position may be eligible for telecommuting. Further discussions around a telecommuting arrangement would happen at the interview stage.
View the complete Position Description.
- 2+ years’ experience with web content management, webpage design and web statistics
- 2+ years’ experience using multimedia and web development with tools such as Integrated Development Environments (such as Dreamweaver), Photo Editing Software, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Multimedia Design, Web Development, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Experience with system upgrade testing and applying vendor patches and upgrades
- Experience with the development of an intranet
- Experience with website redevelopment projects
- Experience with MS Office 365 tools
- Experience with e-commerce and PCI standards
The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative, and engaging. The successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to the public liberal arts mission and to quality teaching and learning methods. Willingness and interest in utilizing technology in the classroom strongly preferred. The successful candidate must be committed to the highest ethical standards and demonstrate effective leadership and teamwork skills. Candidates that incorporate issues of inclusive excellence and diversity within their curriculum are especially encouraged to apply.
- Ability to learn new technologies and content management systems to manage and maintain web content
- Ability to use critical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and utilize collaborative working relationships with functional users, colleagues and management
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple projects and requests
- Flexibility to adapt to unexpected and time sensitive demands
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices in search engine optimization, information architecture, writing for the web, navigation, user interface, usability, accessibility standards and testing
- Working knowledge of Google products and advertising platforms
- Knowledge of mobile application development environments such as PhoneGap, iOS, and Android
- Knowledge with server/network environments such as Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server/Manager
As soon as possible.
Review of all complete applications will commence 4:30 PM October 8, 2021. In the event this search is extended for any reason, applications submitted after this date will be considered. Once an applicant applies, profile information remains in UW-Superior’s Talent Management System for future submissions.
Please apply online at UW-Careers and submit your application packet to Include:
- CV or Resume
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for three (3) Professional References
- Unofficial Transcripts for all Degrees Earned
- Three (3) examples of previous website work and describe your role in that work
Internal applicants: select the internal applicant link. Registration for account not required.
External applicants: select the external applicant link and register for an account:
How to Register for a UW-Careers Account:
- To register for a UW-Careers account, click on the Click Here to Register link to create your user name and password.
- Search for the #22-17 Web Operations Manager position and click on the Apply Now button to submit a resume.
- At this time, you will be asked to complete your profile. Please select Save to continue the application process.
- To submit your letter of application, unofficial transcripts, etc., you must add the document as an attachment by clicking on the Add Attachment link below the Cover Letters and Attachments box.
- Clicking on the Next link, please complete the required Online Questionnaire.
- After the Online Questionnaire has been completed, click Next again to provide contact information for three professional references, if required, in the References section by selecting the Add Reference link.
- Once reference information has been listed, click on Next to complete the How did you find out about the position? section of the application process.
- Once you have completed all sections, click on the Save button and then Submit button to submit your materials.
At any time you may select the Save button to save your progress. When you have submitted your application, ability to change materials submitted will not be available.
If you have questions in regards to the hiring process, please contact Liza Shelquist at 715-394-8367 or by email at email@example.com.
UW-Superior: A Special Place:
The University of Wisconsin-Superior is Wisconsin's public liberal arts college. Established in 1893 with a mission to train teachers, it later became a part of the University of Wisconsin-System, and in 1998 was designated as Wisconsin's Public Liberal Arts College by the University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents. The University serves 2,500 traditional and non-traditional students and is dedicated to the integration of liberal and professional studies and to serving a diverse student population.
UW-Superior maintains its foundational teacher education college values through its emphasis on excellence in teaching, as well as service to the community and region. Its core mission is student-centered. The institution fosters intellectual growth and career preparation within a liberal arts tradition that emphasizes individual attention, embodies respect for diverse cultures and multiple voices, and engages the community and region. The richness of its programs creates a personalized educational environment that integrates theory and practice, liberal and professional education, teaching, scholarship, and creativity. The University has a significant investment in and commitment to campus-wide Liberal Arts High Impact Practices (HIPs) that includes a First Year Experience, Academic Service Learning, Global Awareness, Writing Across the Curriculum, Undergraduate Research Scholarly and Creative Activity, and a Senior Year Experience.
At UW-Superior, we promote the values of academic excellence, integrity, and community within a collegial environment. At the core of our values is the appreciation for, and examination of, diversity, inclusivity, and equity. UW-Superior offers day, evening, weekend, and distance learning classes at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
The University reserves the right to check additional references with notice given to the candidates at the appropriate time in the process.
Employment will require a criminal background check. A pending criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily disqualify an applicant. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
Employment is subject to federal laws that require verification of identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
For UW-Superior campus safety information and crime statistics/Annual Security Report, see https://www.uwsuper.edu/safety/clery or contact the Office of Campus Safety at (715) 394-8114 for a printed copy.
UW-Superior is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity and inclusivity.
UW-Superior is committed to making excellence inclusive in every aspect of the institution. Diversity, inclusion and equity are prioritized learning resources for all community members. We strive to offer quality programs in an environment of trust and cooperation that centers on the worth of all individuals. The University is seeking candidates who will contribute to the achievement of this goal.