Provides administrative assistance, receptionist duties, and support for the Benefits department. Provides technical assistance to team members or employees regarding the online benefit systems (entering information or troubleshooting) via phone, email or in person. Provides exceptional guest service by responding to employee or team member, and department questions and inquiries
- Provides assistance, consults and advises employees/team members and responds to inquiries related to benefit programs. Assists employees/team members with enrollments and changes to their benefits. Ensures completeness and accuracy of benefit forms and processes paperwork through the appropriate channels.
- Coordinates and executes materials for new hire orientations to ensure accuracy and fulfillment.
- Staff the HR Services window and assist team members and employees with their requests.
- Coordinate and execute all benefit mailings either via regular mail or electronic mail.
- Regularly handles difficult conversations tactfully and obtains confidential information, e.g. health information for leaves of absence, marital changes and support notices.
- Answers, screens, and refers incoming telephone calls to appropriate individuals.
- Maintains electronic and paper benefit files.
- Occasional Tasks.
- Combination of post-secondary education in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Administration or related field and office/administrative support experience to equal two years.
- One year of Human Resources support experience.
- One year of direct guest service experience.
- Ability to type 35 WPM.
- Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets, database, electronic mail software, and web-based applications.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in written and spoken English so others will understand. Must be able to read and write English.
- Ability to work with multiple forms of technology.