Product Support Specialist - Subsite Electronics
6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
This employee provides technical support, feedback of field information and technical training on electronics equipment. This job requires solving problems with electronic systems, resolving customer problems, handling warranty claims, communicating customer needs, and occasional travel to resolve product issues with customers or dealers. This job requires phone support to the product end user, and provides information about replacement parts/ cost. This employee generally works with considerable latitude for action and decisions.
- Provide accurate, timely and professional response to requests from customers, sales channels and Subsite employees for assistance in resolving product performance or application issues, via telephone or on-site visits.
- Use electronic test instruments to aid in the troubleshooting of electronic components.
- Coordinate unit problem verification with manufacturing, engineering and sales.
- Analyze and apply information from a variety of technical sources, including interviews with engineers, operators, and suppliers.
- Listen to, analyze, and provide answers to phone inquiries about units in for service and other general information.
- Interface with all departments to bring a mutual satisfaction to customer problems and complaints.
- Use PC word processing, spreadsheet, and various other information systems to produce appropriate files and documents.
- Trouble shoot problems over the phone. Listen to field problems and suggest solutions for resolution.
- Help develop, distribute, and present technical and training information.
- Create and maintain records, including warranty claims and documentation of unit problems.
- Maintain positive, professional relationships with dealers, customers, and Subsite personnel
- Make presentations to groups of people. This includes gathering, organizing, and effectively communicating electronics technical information.
- Regular, extended telephone communication with customers, dealers and distributors.
- Office environment most of the time.
- Infrequent, but occasional travel.
- A variable work schedule, (typical 8 hour days) with hours that vary according to the needs of the job. During emergencies or critical deadlines, this employee must work until the job is finished.
- Must be willing to carry a company issued cell phone 24/7 and provide support as needed.
- Rapidly changing demands, schedules, priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (in person, by telephone, and in writing), including a professional, self-confident image. Ability to make presentations.
- Professional customer service experience preferred.
- Have good computer operational skills.
- Have an excellent work record of self-motivation, judgment, productivity, attendance, and behavior.
- Have a strong electronic aptitude, including appropriate experience with or potential to learn Subsite electronics equipment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.