Exmark Mfg. 2022 Summer Internship - Manufacturing Engineering
6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Exmark Manufacturing (a division of The Toro Company) is seeking qualified candidates for our summer 2022 paid internship and co-op opportunities within our dynamic and industry leading engineering teams. Opportunities exist within the following disciplines: mechanical design engineering, electrical design engineering, test engineering, and manufacturing engineering. Exmark is one of the leading manufacturers of commercial turf care equipment in the U.S. and is located in Beatrice, NE (35 miles south of Lincoln, NE).
These summer internship and co-op positions will help prepare any future graduate with first-hand experiences and the opportunity to make a difference in any organization. Summer internships will typically last approximately 13 weeks (mid-May to mid-August) and a co-op could begin as early as the winter semester (January 2022). All opportunities will be based out of our divisional headquarters in Beatrice, NE. Preferred majors may include Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Development, Electrical Engineering, as well as individuals involved with curriculum involving robotics and/or mechatronics. Other majors may also be considered. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Potential duties and responsibilities may include the following:
• Design and develop components and systems (mechanical, electrical, electromechanical, software programming) with other team members
• Create and evaluate manufacturing processes involving continuous improvement projects and report findings to executive and other engineering team members
• Other projects may include identification and evaluation of additional automation design solutions (mechanical, electrical, electromechanical) for improved safety, quality, and cost in coordination with functional engineers, supply management and/or other key internal/external customers.
• Perform evaluations by collecting and analyzing data per process improvement s identified and report results to the team
• Evaluate prototype and production equipment for performance and reliability
• Collaborate across all functions of the business and learn about what it takes to be a great team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Individuals pursuing undergraduate degrees as stated above
• Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with an ability to learn and apply new things
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Problem solving acumen
• Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and possibly some CAD software
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize based on due dates or importance
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.