Test Development - Associate Project Lead
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Req #238Tuesday, September 21, 2021 DRC is one of the largest educational assessment and curriculum/instruction companies in the industry. Test Development - Associate Project Lead
Associate Project Leads work with the Directors of Test Development to assist in planning, organizing, and establishing priorities for all phases of the development and production process of one or more assigned statewide assessment components. As such, they are part of the support team for a specific project, and they have responsibilities for assisting with individual ancillary components of a project (e.g., item samplers, administration directions, study guides). For assigned components, they will provide support for the development of schedules and maintain accurate records concerning processes. They may also help to provide proposal text and costs for a given assigned project. The Associate Project Lead also provides support in the development of test development items, forms, and passages in DRC’s Item Development and Educational Assessment System (IDEAS) and other related programs needed for statewide testing. They perform a variety of tasks, including but not limited to, the following: creating new items and passages in IDEAS (DRC’s proprietary item bank) for both print and online environments, completing QA tasks related to test forms for online and print, assisting with the creation and proofing of ancillary documents and spreadsheets for client use, and providing problem resolution.
As needed, Associate Project Leads may work directly with internal customers and external customers to assist in developing and delivering multiple on-time complex assessments and assessment ancillaries. Associate Project Leads also, at any point in the process, may contribute to the writing and reviewing of items, test ancillaries, training manuals, etc. They work with internal clients to help plan, organize, and implement work based on established priorities for all phases of the production of electronic or printed documents, test materials, and communications.
This position assists the Education Group in the development and production of various testing materials, publications, and proposals by ensuring that deadlines are met and appropriate production processes and specifications are followed. They work with internal clients to help define product and/or test/item specifications, including design, layout, and format specifications and assist internal clients in making decisions related to edits proposed.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
· Assists Project Director and Senior Project Lead to organize work to complete a project and to support the establishment and management of production schedules and procedures for a state-level project
· Interacts with team members regarding the design of current projects and workflow procedures, and provides routine feedback to team members regarding the implementation and task timelines of assigned items and/or projects
· Provides support for the development of ancillary testing materials (item samplers, administration directions, study guides, etc.) for a state project
· Assists with the formatting of all new and revised Test Development items and passages in IDEAS
· Uses IDEAS and its related tools to maintain item development efficiencies
· Troubleshoots formatting issues related to IDEAS
· Communicates with TDTech and Support Services program specifics ( IDEAS, forms, and graphics)
· Interacts with Publications and EPM with Large Print and other publications (answer documents, flyers, and covers)
· Monitors adherence to document specifications and style specifications consistent with program, provides support for quality control efforts, and develops procedures to ensure 100% accuracy in test booklets and project materials
· Provides support for the training of test development staff including the development of manuals, publications, and training materials
· Works with outside consultants, as needed
· Travels, as needed
Essential Job Requirements: