Job Summary: Responsible for designing, creating, and producing custom machines, fixtures, models, and prototypes. Responsible for preparing engineering analysis of projects including preliminary design, calculation, and life cycle cost. Manage multiple projects, designs and layouts effectively and efficiently. Report directly to the R&D manager daily on project updates and status. Give project presentations, when needed, to internal and external sources.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish and implement manufacturing procedures and work instructions for new products.
- Design equipment and processes for manufacturing.
- Determine policies and guidelines for new design applications and processes.
- Create various reports, manual writings, and documents on test projects.
- Confer with department representatives to determine and coordinate design criteria for completion of design drawings; advise concerning practical design and feasibility.
- Provide information concerning needed changes in cost, schedule and project requirements.
- Prepare technical, scaled diagrams of requested designs for accuracy, alterations, etc.
- Assist in selection and sizing of equipment and components utilized in the design of the project.
- Responsible for writing design specifications, preparing project cost estimates and/or reviewing project bids to evaluate adherence to project specification.
- Layout mechanical or manufacturing systems.
- Attend and participate in daily department meetings.
- Handle confidential and proprietary information.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines and procedure.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong mechanical aptitude, detail orientated, and strong initiative.
- Knowledgeable of engineering drawings, blueprints and understand complex technical writing.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Communicate, in English, effectively and clearly by both written and verbal means.
- Demonstrate maturity, intelligence, cooperation, and discretion.
- Flexibility to work weekends occasionally, if needed, be self-motivated and problem solver.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of related records, spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Office Products.
- Work effectively with fellow employees and independently.
- Experience with Auto Cad, SolidWorks or similar software.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol and background test.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering 3 years of experience working in manufacturing or similar industry.
- Experience programming PLC’s, machine controls, automation, and robotics
- Knowledge of Epicor or similar ERP system.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, 5S, or Six Sigma.
- Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 3-5 years: Manufacturing or similar industry
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License