Electrical Field Technician
BASIC PURPOSE: Primary responsibility is to service, install, and test fire alarm systems, fire suppression systems, security systems, and other related systems that Electric Scientific Company (ES) provides. This position works at our customer sites and involves electrical knowledge and use of all typical electrical tools, ladders, meters, computers and other typical construction related tools. This position requires high safety standards and following safety rules and use of personal protective equipment. Since ES has multiple offices, this position may periodically support other company offices.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Provides routine maintenance of the systems per established guidelines. Provides emergency service and troubleshooting of systems. Provides electrical installation of conduit, wire, cable, boxes, and CPVC. Provides mechanical installation of tanks, discharge piping, and nozzles. Lift and transport heavy fire suppression tanks, piping, and equipment. On 24-hour call an average of 7 days per month or as needed Use of power tools, hand tools, VOM meters, computers and other items necessary to fulfill the job and task. Programming of intelligent fire control equipment with a computer. Use of EXCEL, WORD and OUTLOOK to make inspection reports, time sheets, work order forms, other necessary documentation and correspondence. Work conducted on foot, with ladders, power lifts, around sub-floors and other situations found at construction sites, customer sites and industrial plants. Travel is required (averaging approximately 4 overnight days per month). Work is performed in commercial and industrial facilities. Need to maintain a professional relationship with our customers and coworkers Maintain a professional appearance Minnesota based Field Technicians are required to have (or obtain) a Power Limited Technician or Journeyman license through the MN Department of Labor. Preparation and testing is the responsibility of the technician. See our Electrical License Policy for specifics. NICET Level II certification in Fire Alarm Systems and Special Hazards is required within 4 years of employment. The company provides study materials and pays for some testing time. Study time is employee’s responsibility. See the NICET Policy for specifics.
- Maintain ES service trucks professionally and with proper inventory
Work independently, as a team, with a good attitude, and positive environment Special projects and duties as determined by the company needs. Willing to take a drug screening test as needed Willing to get involved and follow ES, OSHA, MSHA, site/job rules and programs. Employee must maintain compliance with ES requirements for driving
- Competencies & qualifications required for this employment position:
To perform this job successfully an individual needs to perform the items listed in the above Duties, Responsibilities and Essential Functions. All qualified candidates need to have the following skills:
This “at will” employment position for Electric Scientific Company works under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and is evaluated annually by the Project Manager and Vice President. This position has day-to-day contact with all employees.
COMPENSATION – Starting Pay TBD based on experience and qualifications. Reviews of performance and pay are done after 3-month probationary period and then annually at the ES annual meeting
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
- Electrical knowledge of a 2-year electrical technical degree or equivalent
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Computer literacy with MS Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook), electronic file storage, transferring of data files, learning and using proprietary factory programs and other computer skills for daily use
- Competency with hand and power tools required for work ES conducts
- Strong work ethics and commitment to be honest
- Performing high quality work
- The ability to handle some difficult situations including responding to emergency service calls, the ability to focus on conflict resolution, as well as the ability to identify problems while providing an exceptional standard of service.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy, thoroughness, self-direction and time management skills.
- Competent oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and other written correspondence
Apply for Electrical Field Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly