Chaplain |Hastings, MN
Are you ready to make a difference in someone's life? Join the Benedictine team and the work you do will help improve the lives of our residents. #caring #community
The Chaplain is responsible for providing spiritual guidance and support to residents, families, and staff; particularly in times of illness, injury, and/or an emergency.
Performs religious services, lead prayer, and promotes a spirit of healing through compassionate and non-judgmental listening, reflection, empathy, and support. Serves as a resource for residents/families and consults those that are making difficult ethical decisions, including preparing advanced directives. Shows attention to those who are facing the end of life and provides bereavement resources to both residents and families. Educates staff and volunteers on the importance of spiritual care in health and healing.
- Master's degree in Theology, pastoral studies, or related field.
- Completed four (4) units of clinical pastoral education (CPE) or enrolled in the program with a completion date of four (4) units no later than one year from hire.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within spiritual care.
- Demonstrate theological understanding of and respect towards all faith expressions.
- Good counseling and listening skills.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Minimum of one (1) year pastoral care experience in health care.
- Certified as a Chaplain from NACC, APC, OR NAJC.