Information and Data Systems Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Information and Data Systems Coordinator (Job# 2021-39)
DEPARTMENT: Policy and Public Affairs
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Policy and Public Affairs
EMPLOYEE GROUP: United Staff of Minnesota (USM)
LOCATION: St. Paul Office
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: One-hundred and eighty (180) calendar days
FLSA/HOURS: Exempt/Full Time
Under the direction of the Director of Policy and Public Affairs, the Data Systems Coordinator provides technical support for the administration of NEA 360, VAN, mini-VAN, CVENT and assists with the data entry and maintenance as an integral member of the data collection and political teams. This is a technical position that provides direct support to the data team, political program, and membership department by providing clerical assistance and other support as needed to further initiatives of Education Minnesota.
Education Minnesota is a member-led labor union that has identified racial equity and social justice as primary organizational goals. All staff are expected to participate, individually and collectively, in ongoing training, discussions, and activities to advance these goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Integrate and provide user-friendly access to EdMn’s current databases: NEA360, VAN, and IMS;
- Serve as an “information” desk, supporting staff and members in problem solving ways to access information that they need to better achieve their objectives;
- Work collaboratively and across departments to examine/assess our current databases and information systems for potential efficiencies, improvements and quality assurances;
- Support and train staff and member-leads to effectively use data and event systems, including our current systems CVENT, NEA360, and VAN, as well as new systems and innovations as they are adopted;
- Create and execute a plan to ensure ongoing integrity in all of Education Minnesota’s databases;
- Work with the political and organizing teams to develop data collection plans and systems to support their work;
- Provide customer service support to members and staff for all of our initial inquiries related to our data systems, directing inquiries to staff based on their assignments serving as Key point of contact for the systems support of Education Minnesota’s data management software(s); NEA 360 (SalesForce based platform), IMS, VAN, mini-VAN and CVENT;
- Coordinate with vendors, internal departments and staff to assist with the collection, administration and support of various data systems; and
- Other duties of the like or similar nature and the associated responsibilities as assigned by the department director.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with Education Minnesota members, staff, associates, affiliates, vendors (NEA, CVENT etc.), and the general public;
- Strong data management, protocol and report generation skills; including a background with report generation or support using SalesForce, VAN, or Cvent;
- Ability to utilize the full functionality of data management systems including data entry, reporting and data transfers to other systems;
- Problem-solve issues with data quality and use, make plans to address these issues, and work with stakeholders to implement these plans;
- Good communication, telephone, and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access software;
- Proficiency in setting up and assisting with web meeting technology;
- Positive attitude exemplifying the values of belonging to Education Minnesota.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out complex verbal and written directions, follow through on projects, administer programs, and make decisions as required.
- Ability to use good judgment when making decisions.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to be a key player of a team environment in order to accomplish objectives and goals while meeting numerous deadlines.
- Good record keeping, spelling, grammar, and reading skills.
- Ability to perform multiple functions simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Three (3) years of experience providing technical support, database maintenance or an associate degree in technical support or related field or equivalent post-secondary education;
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office: Outlook and Word;
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Office: Excel OR Access;
- Experience with database or membership management software: Voter Activation Network, SalesForce, or similar;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Reliable transportation; and
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination (vaccination card). If you have a medical exemption, you will be asked to provide a written waiver from your medical provider. If you have a religious objection you will be asked to provide documentation stating your religious objection.
- One (1) year experience providing technical or database support;
- Prior experience working on a data support team; and
- Data systems conversion or prior experience in data quality management.
Maintain confidential information related to staff, the organization, and related data for members with the ability to exercise discretion.
Work is in a general office environment. Employee may be required to: talk and hear; frequently stand, walk and repetitively use hands dexterously (use fingers to handle, feel), reach with hands and arms, bend and physically, lift and carry up to 15 pounds; occasionally lift up to 30 pounds and infrequently travel by various conveyances (e.g., air, rail, auto).
- Occasional travel with overnight stays may be required.
- After-hours work or overtime as needed possibly evenings and weekends.
EDUCATION MINNESOTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Education Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where diversity is valued, supported and celebrated to benefit applicants, employees, members and students. All employment decisions are based on qualifications; merit and business need with preference given to people of color.
POSTING DEADLINE: For consideration, apply online and include a resume no later than 11:59 PM of Friday, October 15, 2021.