Quality Training Assistant
Job Details Description
Job Summary: Assist and support the Quality Manager and Quality Assurance Coordinator with compliance to and maintenance of the quality management system. Assist and support the competence and training of company employees through training standards and ensure compliance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Research quality records for customer case reports generated by all plants.
- Responsible for hiring and training of new and existing seal inspectors.
- Responsible for SP 128 certification/re-certification of welders and suppliers.
- Back-up to the Quality Assurance Coordinator in running the Internal Audit Program including training new internal auditors.
- Back-up to the Quality Assurance Coordinator with APQP documentation.
- Coordinates and oversees the training for all new positions and departmental transfers.
- Assist with document control, revisions, and retention of documents in accordance with ISO standards.
- Responsible for following work instructions and procedures.
- Assist with the following;
- Developing training plans for new and existing employees.
- Researching quality records for customer case reports generated by all plants.
- Scheduling training and overseeing of training programs for L&M employees.
- Developing and implementing of the PPAP/First Article program for customers.
- TWI implementation and the updating of the job breakdown library.
- Lean/5S planning, implementation, and metrics.
- Maintenance of DocStar or similar electronic filing system for employee training records.
- Assists with scheduling and participating in new employee review meetings and distributing information from the meetings to appropriate parties for action.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follows all safety guidelines/procedures.
- Performs related work as required by Supervisor and assists in other areas of production as needed, if qualified.
- Domestic and international travel required and may involve weekend travel depending on the projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Proficient data entry skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, use of spreadsheets and similar database software.
- Ability to learn basic quality inspection skills and procedures, basic data collection, organization, and analysis techniques.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of related records and reports.
- Physical strength sufficient to perform job duties.
- Understand and carry out simple oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of basic math skills required.
- English communication, both verbal and written essential.
- Work effectively with fellow employees and independently.
- Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
High School Diploma or GED with 1 year of experience or 2 yr. degree in Lean manufacturing training or similar field and work experience in training and development.
Knowledge of Epicor or similar ERP system. Experience in Lean Manufacturing.
Qualifications Education Required
HS Diploma or GED or better.
Associates or better in Manufacturing Engineering Technology or related field.
1 year: Lean Manufacturing training/development or similar field
Licenses & Certifications Preferred