Part-Time Office Assistant
Job Details Description
Job Summary: Assist purchasing department on basic office administration. Basic data entry, transfer of purchase orders within ERP system, complete inventory and non-inventory counts, and other duties as assigned for the L&M Plant locations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Run “Open Purchase Order” reports for each purchaser in all plants and review for accuracy daily.
- Follow up with suppliers on order status, report back any shortages or potential shortages to appropriate purchaser.
- Run Jobs with late due dates for both Hibbing and Yankton on scheduled days and reschedule any jobs found in the Epicor dashboard.
- Check “Hitlist” for tube order date changes in Yankton and make necessary changes on the POs to match. Contact CS Rep to re-schedule interplant job accordingly.
- Update pricing trackers, graphs and excel sheets to match changes (i.e., Copper Comex/LME, Steel CRU’s, etc.)
- Update Price Increase Spreadsheet and the Pricing Book with correct present date.
- Handle Yankton’s online ordering.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines and procedure.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project, if needed.
- Perform related work or other job duties as required by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Regular and Reliable Attendance.
- Computer skills and knowledge of ERP systems.
- Proficient data entry skills using Microsoft Office 365 Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Communicate in English, effectively and clearly, by both written and verbal means.
- Demonstrate maturity, intelligence, cooperation, and discretion.
- Work effectively with fellow employees and independently.
- Must be dependable and reliable under both supervised and unsupervised conditions.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol and background test.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge of Epicor or similar ERP system.
Experience in Lean Manufacturing.
Qualifications Education Required
HS Diploma or GED or better.
3 years: Office administration
Licenses & Certifications Preferred