Application Engineer- Headquarters
Job Details Description
Job Summary: Create, design and build heat transfer products while providing technical assistance to our customers. Provide service and offer consultations to all of L&M's internal departments, as well as customers and vendors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for designing custom radiators, oil coolers, and heat exchangers.
- Follow corporate application engineering policy through design, quoting, drafting, and production support.
- Consult with External Customers, Customer Service, and Sales to acquire necessary information to ensure properly designed quality unit.
- Remain updated on current information and requirements from engine manufacturers and suppliers.
- Participate in required field tests to verify acceptable cooling system design.
- Responsible for scheduling and accounting for all associated travel and expenses.
- Assist sales and other departments with special projects such as field problems and/or cooling complaints.
- Provide technical support and primary engineering coverage for assigned engineering support accounts and sales.
- Responsible for file documentation including design requirements, calculations, drawings and correspondence with customers and others for design verification.
- Review design changes when required and initiate drawing and /or process revision.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines and procedure.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
- Performs related work or job duties as required by supervisor.
- Occasional weekend work may be required to complete a project.
- May be responsible for maintaining assigned OEM sales accounts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Strong mechanical aptitude required, detail orientated, and strong initiative.
- Knowledgeable of engineer drawings, blueprints and understand complex technical writing.
- Must be detailed orientated and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Communicate, in English, effectively and clearly by both written and verbal means.
- Demonstrate maturity, intelligence, cooperation, and discretion.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of related records, spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Office Products.
- Work effectively with fellow employees and independently.
- Experience with Auto Cad, SolidWorks, or similar software.
- Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol and background test.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with 3-5 years of engineering experience
Knowledge of Epicor or similar ERP system.
Experience in Lean Manufacturing, 5S, or Six Sigma.
Qualifications Education Required
Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
3-5 years: Mechanical Engineering
Licenses & Certifications Required