Sales Representative - West Territory
Job Details Description
Job Summary: Responsible for professionally promoting and increasing the sales of MESABI Heat Exchangers within our designated west territory.
Essential Job Functions:
- Travel through a designated territory to promote, market and sell MESABI Products to as many prospective customers as possible.
- Provide Sales Manager with weekly updated sales projections and detailed travel itinerary reports for the coming week.
- Provide expense and call reports to Sales Manager on a weekly basis to include details on what company was called on, who the rep met with and their title, a brief summary of the meeting should be included and if action is required and by whom.
- Submit a monthly report to the Sales Manager to report on updates in territory, sales efforts and key issues that relates to increasing sales in that territory.
- Maintain phone contact with Sales Assistant and Sales Manager.
- Interface with Customer Service, Drafting, and Engineering as required to encourage sales and assist with any service issues.
- Participate in monthly teleconference, report on sales efforts and provide information on new sales developments.
- Attend trade shows as required by the Sales Manager.
- Follow-up on all quotes provided by Customer Service and Engineering and report on their status.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines/procedures.
- Perform related work as required by supervisor.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Must be results driven and competitive to consistently meet personal objectives and team goals.
- Solid presentation and public speaking.
- Effectively work and interface with other departments and groups.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written, in English, clearly and effectively.
- Professionally present products to different levels of management and field operations.
- Use of electronic devices and communication tools as needed.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Programs and CRM systems.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment DMV check, physical, drug/alcohol and background test.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
- High School Diploma or GED with 4 years of sales experience in heavy duty equipment sales in mining, oil, gas, or other job-related industries.
- 4-year college degree or 4 years of sales experience in a job-related industrial field.
- Knowledge of Epicor or similar ERP system.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing.
Qualifications Education Required
HS Diploma or GED or better.
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
4 years: Heavy Equipment Sales experience in the Mining, Oil, Gas, or other job-related industries.
Licenses & Certifications Required