The Toro Company
Shift: 1st shift
Reporting to the Quality Manager, plan, analyze, administer and coordinate the Quality Assurance functions for the Toro Center of Excellence (COE) in Shakopee, MN. Write and revise methods and processes, as necessary, to ensure quality of the manufacture products, and assemblies. Analyze and solve quality problems to improve processes and systems that will assure the quality of component manufacturing. Utilize fundamental statistical problem solving methods for process control that will assure our customers’ requirements are achieved and maintained. Analyze the performance of our quality system, and strive to continuously improve it.
- Assist in the resolution of Quality Notifications including data collection, statistical analysis, and application of quality concepts.
- Develop and maintain partnerships that will result in continuous improvement of Total Quality.
- Communicate with Inspectors, Quality Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, and Quality Manager and customers to identify and correct quality problems.
- Assist and advise inspectors to accomplish in-process inspection of parts, and incoming material from the vendors.
- Measure and analyze key quality performance data; make recommendations to Quality Team on specific opportunities to improve quality.
- Assist in the development and implementation of process quality control on all manufacturing processes.
- Specify gages, analyze fixtures, sampling and inspection plans, and error proofing methods & devices needed to achieve control.
- Aid in the successful integration of capital projects targeted at improving quality through the use of technology.
- Develop, revise and maintain process documentation and costing data to support quality improvement, (i.e. PPAP’s, process instructions, incoming material requirements, etc.).
- Provide Quality support, (through Design of Experiments, capability studies, 5 WHYS methodology, testing, control plans, and other quality tools to aid in quality assurance of mfg. processes.
Minimum of 2 years of higher education in mechanical or industrial engineering or equivalent technical/professional training.
2+ years of experience in technical field or manufacturing setting
Preferred CQT or higher certifications from ASQ or equivalent
Working knowledge of Minitab, or other analytical software.
Working knowledge/experience with CMM
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.