Director / Leader - Information Technology - Software
2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Req #219Wednesday, September 15, 2021 DRC is one of the largest educational assessment and curriculum/instruction companies in the industry.
Director, Information Technology
Data Recognition Corporation, Maple Grove MN
No Agencies, Please
Company cannot provide sponsorship for this position
Along with the VP and CIO, the Director-Information Systems is responsible for the development and application of technologies. The incumbent oversees architects and technical professionals in the research and design of new products and systems. They manage all technical aspects such as software development, architecture, application operations, scalability, and reliability. This position is responsible for leading other development team leads along with the VP and CIO to develop the overall business strategy and outline goals for the organization.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- 10+ years of professional experience in delivering technology-based solutions.
- Ensure solutions and accountability are going across the whole organization.
- Implement new and innovative technologies to improve business processes and return on investment.
- Focus on the direction of their teams and making sure the teams are aligned.
- Ensure assigned teams are managing their technical direction and it is consistent with the enterprise.
- Maintain standard measures to remain knowledgeable of their team capabilities and capacity.
- Establish organizational processes and protocols in addition to managing and developing department budget in partnership with the VP and CIO.
- Work closely with the organization's internal IS team, comprising of hardware and network technicians, database administrators, software architects and developers, and allocates specific roles and responsibilities; manages their needs and requirements, mentors them, and infuses a teamwork ethic.
- Experience developing strategy for the long-term goals of the organization.
- Successful experience in leading technology departments.
- Thorough understanding of organizational strategy and technical acumen is required for this position.
- Experience developing business strategies with senior management and successful execution of strategies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be technically oriented with a software development background.
- Work in an Agile team environment, Agile coach/Scrum Master
- Desire to create and mentor software developers to deliver exceptional results
- Cloud-forward thinker with experience delivering solutions using the latest in cloud technologies
- Highly innovative and well educated on modern deployment trends, devops, and enterprise level software development
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a competitive university
- Significant software development experience or architect level experience
- Hands on open source development, cloud development, and .NET development
- Education or Assessment related experience
- 8+ years of hands on leadership experience
- Possess sound negotiation skills to leverage organizational purchasing power and also to draw up the best contracts and service level agreements (or SLAs)
Essential Job Requirements:
DRC retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
No Agencies, Please
Data Recognition Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Data Recognition Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V and prospective employees will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, age, protected veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class. Other details Job Family Management Pay Type Salary Required Education High School Job Start Date Wednesday, September 15, 2021 Apply Now