Writer 1, Technical
This position will focus on the writing of technical publications related to products produced & sold by Venture Products Inc.
- Accurately develop, write and edit technical documents and manuals that are effective, professional and beneficial to those who own, manage, work on and/or repair equipment produced or sold by VPI. (examples include but are not limited to operator’s manuals, parts manuals, & installation instructions)
- Incorporate quality pictures, drawings, diagrams, flow charts and troubleshooting worksheets to support and enhance the technical publications.
- Learn and gain an in-depth technical understanding of the equipment, systems and components.
- Communicate and interact with other departments, study existing documents and review outside sources to develop material that is consistent with VPI documents and meets or exceeds industry standards.
- High school diploma or GED
- Professional writing experience
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, and English language skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to observe procedures and interpret into appropriate written, pictorial and/or diagram format
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and meet established deadlines
- Strong communication, process, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, accept feedback, incorporate edits, and manage revisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills – professional, courteous, friendly and helpful
- Physically able to safely operate and work on equipment produced or sold by Venture Products Inc.
- Experience with CAD (2D and 3D)
- Ability to occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a field related to technical writing
- Experience using and creating documents in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Adobe software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) or similar desktop publishing software
- Experience with Ag, Construction and/or Commercial Turf Equipment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.