We are seeking an experienced Accountant to join our Construction Accounting team. This role will collaborate with the Project Management in our Architecture and Construction teams to set up projects, prepare billings and track expenses, as well as prepare monthly financial reporting for Management. This position will also have primary responsibility for the overall accounting and monthly closing cycle of our Dominium Construction and Architectural Services, LLC entity (DCAS).
- Responsible for the Construction entity general ledger and monthly close process.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries to the DCAS trial balance & general ledger.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Prepare monthly financial package and productivity reporting for architecture and construction departments.
- Understand the elements of cash versus accrual-basis accounting.
- Partner with our construction and architecture teams to set up projects, compile budgets and verify contract terms.
- Prepare project billings and back-up support.
- Collect monthly subcontractor or consultant billings and general conditions invoices.
- Ensure billings and expenses are recorded timely and accurately.
- Review and record Concur expense reports.
- Lead annual DCAS audit preparation and audit process.
- Other special projects as assigned.
Job responsibilities are not all-inclusive but indicate the types of activities normally performed by the position. Responsibilities may be revised, and other responsibilities may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Training and Experience):
- Education and/or experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 2 years of accounting experience, construction accounting preferred
- Language Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Computer Skills
- Proficient with computers in all aspects with the ability to navigate file structures efficiently
- Intermediate Excel and Microsoft Office skills required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently to complete goals
- COVID-19 vaccination is required