Responsible for managing transactions in an effort to ensure optimized flow of materials to fulfil customer orders; achieving this by working closely with the commodity buyer, commodity manager, quality manager, product manager, territory sales managers, forecast analysts, customer service representatives, distribution center manager, logistics manager and suppliers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a safe and healthy workplace for employees in compliance with all applicable laws, and regulations. Promotes a positive attitude towards safety. Adheres to the requirements of safety policies as well as safety rules, instructions and procedures.
- Process and manage domestic and international drop shipments in coordination with Toro Ag customer service representative for selected partner vendors.
- Process new vendor set up requests per Toro Company policy. Service function supporting multiple departments: operations, physical plant, R&D and product development.
- Coordinate commodity purchasing via assigned corporate commodity manager / buyer.
- Manage supplier relationship with outside contract manufactures / assemblers / service providers.
- Procure and manage intercompany orders from Toro Italy, Australia, China and Romania in compliance with applicable import / export regulations.
- Update Available To Promise (ATP) dates & manage safety stock levels of indirect accessories from domestic and international suppliers.
- Manage contract manufacturers Toro owned inventories and prepare quarterly reports per corporate audit policy.
- Serve as primary supplier contact for accounts payable reconciliation and resolution.
- Support customer service representatives in the procurement and order consolidation of indirect components & accessories.
- Maintain sourcing related master data in SAP. (Vendor Master, Material Master, Approved Vendor List, Pricing etc.)
- Establish PFEP’s (Plan for Every Part) for components and subassemblies.
- Process MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operations) PO’s for El Cajon and Sanford facilities & reconcile payments through centralized Toro AP service.
- Ensure purchased part supermarkets are conforming to the Plan For Every Part plan layout.
- Develop and maintain 5S standards for parts markets – assist with updating standard work, training to standard work, and auditing when appropriate
- Maintains knowledge of Toro products by company-provided training.
- Maintains best in class responsiveness to correspondence with internal and external customers.
- Identifies and communicates any issues which would delay or impede prompt shipment of orders.
- Documents and updates departmental procedures as needed.
- Completes ongoing learning and education to ensure competence with growing and changing needs of the corporation.
- Practices continuous improvement by identifying opportunities for streamlining work and reducing waste. May participate in continuous improvement events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Management, Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in sourcing of materials.
- APICS ASCM CPIM certification preferred.
- Experience with order related MRP systems; SAP and product knowledge and configurations desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize, assemble, and arrange resources to meet goals.
- Skilled data entry and system navigation skills.
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations, remaining focused on the ultimate objective.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support interaction and development of relationships with a wide-range of internal and external customers.
- Capacity to work independently as well as within a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Typical office environment as it pertains to lighting, temperature, and noise level when in administrative/operations offices. May be exposed to noisy production floor that is not climate controlled.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and phone system and other computer components.
- 0 to 10% travel (domestic and/or international) may be required.
EEO Statement – Position Postings
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.