Inspection Division Manager
Job Class: State Program Administrative Supervisor
Working Title: Inspection Division Manager
Job ID: 48939
Location: St. Paul
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open only to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 10/12/2021
Closing Date: 10/25/2021
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Cosmetologist Exam Board -MMA
Division/Unit: Cosmetologist Examiners Board / Cosmetologist Examiners Board
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: Yes/Occasional
Salary Range: $23.17 - $33.64/hourly; $48,378 - $70,240/annually
FLSA Status: Exempt-Executive
The Minnesota Board of Cosmetology is dedicated to protecting the health and safety of Minnesota citizens and visitors by regulating the practice of cosmetology. The Board is comprised of seven board members representing each cosmetology license type and the public. Board staff is comprised of five divisions and more than 25 employees. The Board oversees more than 33,000 practitioners, 5,300 salons, and 35 schools across the state.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
The Inspection Division Manager position is within the Minnesota Board of Cosmetology (MBOC) Inspections Division and is responsible for managing and coordinating all inspection related activities to ensure division functions are delegated and completed within the MBOC statutes, rules, and policies. This position provides leadership and supervision to several staff members to ensure duties delegated are performed in an efficient and proper manner. This position is also responsible for solving complex inspection-related issues including determining the scope and direction of intricate division projects and assignments. The Inspection Division Manager communicates and presents solutions related to the MBOC’s global issues as they relate to the Inspections Division and serves on behalf of the Executive Director at meetings relating to inspection issues.
Resume must demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Two years of professional experience performing inspections, investigations, regulatory compliance, document review and analysis for quality assurance, legal analysis, or closely related experience. A Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, management, public administration, public policy, human relations, legal studies, law enforcement or related areas may substitute for one year of experience.
Associate degree and five years of technical/administrative experience working with regulatory compliance investigations and/or inspections; document review, processing, and approval (i.e., licensure, business filings, etc.); legal documentation; or closely related areas.
- Supervisory or lead work experience that includes directing and assigning work, managing and measuring performance, and coaching, mentoring, or training staff.
- Experience applying statutory requirements to ensure compliance with a regulatory body (state, federal, associations).
- Leadership skills sufficient to lead a team to meet the organization’s expectations for productivity, quality, or goal accomplishment.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English, both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency with word processing software, such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment.
- Experience leading a team that is remote/offsite.
- Knowledge of the Board of Cosmetology and associated laws, and regulations.
- Experience developing and presenting clearly written management reports, summaries, charts, or analyses.
- Experience providing or presenting complex educational content to individuals and groups in a clear and understandable way.
- Experience working with diverse individuals in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held. Successful candidate must submit a background investigation prior to employment.
How to Apply
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.