Operations, Reception and Transit Coordinator
Interact Position Description
Position: Operations, Reception & Transit Coordinator
Reports To: Managing Director
Direct Reports: This is a non-supervisory position
Status: Full Time, 40 hrs a week M-F 8:00am-4:00pm, exempt, benefits eligible
Direct Client Care: : Yes
This position requires first and foremost, a cheerful and welcoming person to greet, and oversee the comings and goings of staff, artists, and visitors at Interact Center. This person represents Interact Center and is the first impression for many newcomers and visitors. This person will also need to be a hands-on coordinator who excels at client care and can oversee daily operations of attendance, transportation, and reception. This team member is accountable to open the center by 8:00am daily. This position is central to our operations and requires tracking information, problem solving, and good rapport with the artists with disabilities whom we serve. We are looking for a calm steady personality who can juggle many hats in a busy environment. This position requires general clerical duties and direct client contact. Candidates must pass a background check and all required DHS trainings.
Attendance Tracking and Front Desk Reception:
- Arrive at Interact Center daily by 8:00am and unlock the building (if other staff have not already arrived)
- Log in morning and afternoon attendance as artists arrive and leave the center
- Greet artists, staff and visitors to the building and have all visitors sign-in
- Answer the main phone, transferring calls to the correct person. Administer phone greetings
- Receive and distribute deliveries including daily mail
- Endorse, record, and copy check donations and credit card sales.
- Make bank deposits
- Maintain assigned credit card receipts and reconciliation spreadsheet for accountant
- Maintain petty cash drawer receipts and reconciliation spreadsheet for accountant
- Keep master building keys
- Maintain Substitute instructor book
Scheduling rides through Metro Mobility and other transit vendors is one of the core assignments for this position. We have “standing orders” with Metro Mobility for most of our clients. However, for events and performances throughout the year we put “standing orders” on hold and request adjusted rides. During these times, transit needs may be more complicated and will require daily monitoring and communication of changes and adjustments.
A. General Transit
- Apply for standing orders, request changes to standing orders, and provide artists who receive a Standing Order the ‘Standing Order Rules’ flyer
- Remain on-call throughout the day for any transit adjustments or changes
- Oversee Metro Mobility Go To cards for clients we have transportation lines with or for transportation we may provide to artists during events.
- Oversee end of day rides for artists
- Keep copies of all Metro Mobility IDs
B. Show/Special Events Transit
- Generate current list of riders and fax/email rides weekly to transit teams, confirm rides
- Maintain transit schedules during show times and track rides in front desk show book. Communicate with Performing Arts Manager accordingly
- Email / confirm ride times to individual artist’s home staff and/or guardians
- Schedule cabs and taxis as needed
Artist / Client Care:
- Work closely with client care staff for daily updates on individual artist needs
- Follow mandated reporter guidelines.
- Maintain walkie-talkies for daily transit needs
- Maintain first aid kits as per licensing requirements, radios, and flashlights
- Address minor plumbing issues or call a professional as needed
- Replace paper towels and toilet paper as needed
- Communicate with Operations Director for any maintenance issues as needed
- Communicate with cleaning vendor as needed
- Sand and shovel main entryway as needed
- Ensure refrigerators have working thermometers
- Train new staff on door alarm procedures
- Assist Operations as needed with keys
- Maintain sick bed and Glucometer testing area
- Run background checks under direction of Managing Director
- Keep office and general program supplies stocked
- There is the possibility of this position becoming a manger position after a few months. More about this will be discussed during the interview process.
Other duties as assigned.
A college degree or equivalent experience will be accepted.
Some experience working with the disability community is required
Interest in and/or an art practice is helpful
PC computer experience, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel in required
Please send a cover letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to Glenis Zempel at email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-ins accepted.