Assistant Attorney General – Medicaid Fraud Division
The Office of Attorney General Keith Ellison — one of Minnesota’s largest public law offices and recently recognized as a Star Tribune 2021 Top Workplace — has a clear mission: we help Minnesotans afford their lives and live with dignity, safety, and respect. We are a dynamic group of dedicated professionals who could all work elsewhere but choose public service as a calling, and we are actively building an internal culture that supports that calling.
The Office is currently accepting applications from attorneys to serve within the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MFCU).
Responsibilities: Attorneys in the MFCU serve primarily as criminal prosecutors working to protect the integrity of Minnesota’s medical assistance program and ensure accountability for those who defraud it. Attorneys prosecute complex criminal cases against health care providers in State district court. The division also prosecutes abuse, neglect, and financial exploitation of vulnerable adults upon referral from county attorneys’ offices, many of whom come from lesser populated counties. The division responds to criminal appeals and post-conviction petitions as well. Finally, attorneys in the division may also handle a limited civil case load of False Claims Act cases.
- Graduation from a law school accredited by the ABA;
- Licensed to practice in the State of Minnesota or ability to obtain licensures within 90 days of hire;
- An interest in handling criminal prosecution;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Ability to work on lengthy, complex, document-intensive cases;
- Ability to travel to counties throughout the state;
- Proven ability to multitask by managing an active caseload and meeting tight deadlines;
- Proven ability to contribute positively to a team; and
- Proven ability to work in an inclusive, creative, and collaborative work environment.
Criminal litigation experience as a prosecutor or public defender.
Why Work For Us: We offer a great benefits package! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Public service with this office may qualify applicants to have part of their student loans forgiven under a federal student loan forgiveness program for state government employees. (Visit www.studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service for more information.)
Application Information: Interested applicants must apply online through the State of Minnesota Careers website, which is the State’s official application and hiring site. The deadline for applications is November 1, 2021.
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers;
- Apply for posting number 49883;
- Ensure to attach a cover letter with a writing sample of up to five pages.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact K.C. Moua at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 757-1279.
Note: The Attorney General’s Office greatly encourages, celebrates and values diversity. It is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or military status. If you need reasonable accommodation for a disability, please call K.C. Moua at (651) 757-1279 or (800) 627-3529 (Minnesota Relay).