Manager, Product Marketing
Support the business objectives of the Irrigation Division and the International Division, by efficiently and effectively managing assigned golf course irrigation software products through their entire life cycle. Key functions include: identifying unmet customer needs and growth opportunities, and communicating them via the global multi-generational product planning process; leading new product development projects, ensuring that customer requirements are met, and that schedule and financial targets are achieved; launching new products crisply and successfully; and providing clear direction regarding other day-to-day product management tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, present, and execute multi-generational product plan for assigned products.
- Deliver against annual net sales and inventory goals for product line(s).
- Lead new product development projects, serving as the advocate for the customer, and developing and communicating clear product specifications.
- Coordinate Voice of the Customer activities and other market research required to fully understand assigned product line(s).
- Develop product launch plans in collaboration with marketing managers and marketing communications teams.
- Provide channel partners with timely and accurate product information.
- Together with sales leadership, develop annual sales forecast and quarterly adjustments
- Participate in product development and sustaining team meetings on a regular basis.
- Plan and deliver product sales training, including participation in live training events and recorded product webinars.
- Develop content for sales training tools and marketing collateral materials.
- Monitor competitive product activity, and develop competitive product comparisons for use in training the Toro and distributor sales teams.
- Collaborate with marketing managers, Sales team, and Finance team regarding product pricing strategies.
- Contribute to New Product Development meetings and project approval meetings.
- Monitor feedback on product performance. Prioritize and lead significant corrective action efforts as needed
- Support customer support and order services with product related assistance
- Support industry trade shows, customer experience events, and other key activities.
- Complete other special assignments, duties, and tasks as required.
- Manage product portfolio
- Contribute to long-range and annual plans.
- Work closely with marketing directors, regional marketing managers, and marketing communications teams.
- Build strong cross-functional working relationships with Engineering, Sales and Customer Care departments.
- Travel Requirement: 20-25%, including international travel.
Education and Years of Experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related discipline, and 4+ years marketing experience (or MBA with 2+ years marketing experience), to include new product development in durable, service-oriented goods.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related discipline, and 6+ years marketing experience (or MBA with 3+ years marketing experience), to include new product development in durable, service-oriented goods.
- Prior golf course superintendent or assistant superintendent desirable
- Experience with control systems software desirable
- Experience in product development.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, influencing ability, and effective participation in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly understand markets and customer needs.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple project teams.
- Strong analytical skills
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.