Intern - Global Trade Compliance
Conduct research on commodities using the Harmonized Tariff Scheduled, Explanatory Notes and Binding rulings. Prepare a written justification based on your research. Review materials within those commodities to assign the correct Harmonized Tariff Schedule code. Support Toro’s business operations by developing and executing the company’s import and export processes. Work cross-functionally with Toro team members around the globe to ensure compliance with U.S. and international import and export regulatory requirements.Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze, research, assign and update SAP with the appropriate Harmonized Tariff Schedule or Schedule B Number, ECCN and Country of Origin for all Toro materials.
- Maintain, test and complete the transport process used to update Harmonized Tariff Schedule table in SAP.
- Create and maintain documented procedures in support of Toro’s import and export processes.
- Perform internal compliance audits, resolve identified issues and perform corrective actions.
- Educate and train internal customers on importing and exporting requirements.
- Prepare, research and distribute monthly reports.
- Maintain required records according to regulatory requirements and company policy.
- All other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, comparable years of experience in international trade compliance will be considered.
- Knowledge of U.S. and other government regulatory agency requirements preferred.
- Ability and skill with multitasking in a fast paced and constantly changing regulatory environment.
- Proven ability to analyze situations and take effective and accurate actions.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to manage large workload and excel at prioritizing and organizing tasks.
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, SAP experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with mechanical and electrical products desired.
Position requires a high degree of communication and interaction with other areas of the company as well as customs brokers with ability to ensure detailed compliance with applicable U.S. and international regulations and Toro’s processes. This position can have a long learning curve of twelve months plus. Ability to regularly follow detailed processes and analysis is required. Work is conducted in a typical office environment as it pertains to lighting, temperature and noise levels when working in an administrative or operations environment. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other computer components is required.