The Toro Company
Shift: 3rd shift
Starting Pay: $21.35/hr
*This is an Entry Level position and training is provided*
Primary responsibility of this position is to assist fabricators and machinists as they operate production equipment by serving as a support player, moving product within a work cell, parts picking, sheet separation, washing of parts and basket storing of parts based on Lean Material handling processes. Not responsible for part quality requiring use of measuring equipment.
- Follow safety rules, produce quality workmanship, and ensure housekeeping in and around the work area.
- Ensures parts produced in Metal Fabrication (Sheet and Tube) are separated, sorted, and stored in correct WIP basket.
- Perform automated bedknife straightening operations and any resulting manual rework
- Unload/Load conveyed automated cells
- Deliver material from line side markets to workstations for assembly/build
- To utilize and operate proper non-rideable material handling equipment within work cells
- Maintain Kanban refills (Reel Weld, Grind, Spindles, etc)
- Break bulk/remove dunnage. May also create dunnage as required to support operations
- Remove ink from tubes (excludes ink requiring use of hand tools)
- Assist with 5S related activities
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- No experience is required to meet all quality and quantity performance standards.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.