Sr. Business Analyst - Reporting and Analytics
Req #248Wednesday, December 1, 2021 DRC is one of the largest educational assessment and curriculum/instruction companies in the industry. Data Recognition Corporation-Maple Grove, MN
Senior Business Analyst - Reporting and Analytics
Company cannot provide sponsorship for this position
Please, no agencies
DRC has more than thirty years of proven experience in reporting and analytics, supporting Educational Technology (Ed Tech), Federal Research, and Commercial Services. We're committed to being an innovative and disruptive force in the reporting and analytics space as a company. We desire to provide modern, cloud-based advanced analytics solutions that create value and drive progress.
By leveraging various data analytics techniques and related tools, we provide our customers with greater access to their data and deliver both static reports, interactive reporting visualizations, and additional reporting services that are simple to use and easy to understand. This, coupled with our commitment to agile principles and proven process improvement methodologies, helps us rapidly resolve complex business problems for our customers.
In this role, an effective Reporting and Analytics Business Analyst will lead the requirement discovery process for strategic reporting initiatives and partner with various business and technical stakeholders to develop reporting solutions. You will partner with product owners, analysts, and developers to engage clients, identify critical business problems, and deliver solutions to enhance our clients' overall user experience and accomplish DRC's strategic vision.
- Discover client business needs and define requirements for reporting solutions which includes driving consensus across multiple stakeholders as well as providing guidance for business stakeholders as needed to clarify requirements and presentation, format & layout options for the information.
- Facilitate working sessions with various types of business and technical stakeholders to document clear and concise requirements to ensure accuracy with all stakeholders.
- Present analysis and interpretation of findings for operational and business review, planning, and new product development.
- Partner with Reporting and Analytics development resources to design and prototype innovative solutions.
- Support an iterative design and development process and serve as a liaison between the Reporting and Analytics developers and stakeholders.
- Participate in and support client demonstrations to provide solution overviews and gather additional feedback.
- Partner with product owners and design teams to develop training materials and conduct training activities for internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Bachelor's / 4-year degree
- 5+ years of related experience.
- 5+ years of experience documenting business requirements according to project needs or established methodologies and communicating them in a clear manner across a variety of partners (business, BI, QA)
- Proficient in creating business process and data flow diagrams using tools such as MS Visio and LucidCharts
- Experience with reporting, product mapping, and large-scale project and program management.
- Excellent organizational, oral, written, and presentational communication skills to work with all levels of staff and management.
Preferred Experience (nice to have, not required):
- EdTech industry experience is desired but not required.
- Related professional certifications
- Experience working with multiple analytic platforms (ex. ThoughtSpot, PowerBI, Tableau).
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Atlassian, Google suite, and applicable data analytics tools.
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse workgroups.
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased workload.
- Set and meet deadlines.
- Manage multiple job functions simultaneously.
- Other functions as needed.
Reporting to this position: N/A
DRC retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.Data Recognition Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V and prospective employees will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, age, protected veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class. Other details Job Family Info Tech/Info Sys Pay Type Salary Required Education Bachelor’s Degree Job Start Date Wednesday, December 1, 2021 Apply Now