Diesel Mechanic - 1st & 2nd Shift - $6k Stay on Bonus!
1st and 2nd Evening Shift: Mon - Fri 3 pm - 12 am (some Saturdays)
Walters is a leading provider of waste collection and recycling services to both the public and private sectors in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. We are a family-owned and operated business started in 1988 with a fleet of over 75 compressed natural gas (CNG) and Diesel Trucks and over 70,000 customers.
About the role:
- Perform preventative maintenance services.
- Inspect, repair, and diagnose including but not limited to diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) waste.
- Communication and Customer Service.
- Keep work area clean and safe.
- Performs test drives and service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Ability to learn fleet maintenance software and new diagnostic equipment.
- Politeness, confidence, tact, patience, and diplomacy while dealing with complex problems.
- Must have all the required basic tools, will provide tool reimbursement up to $50.00 per month.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Preferred Skills:
- 2+ Years of Diesel Mechanic experience
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. Motor coordination with finger dexterity, exposure to chemicals, and physical environment with dirt, odors, noise, and weather extremes.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, DOT health evaluation, and physical assessment.
Walters offers competitive benefits packages including:
- Competitive wages - Based on Experience
- Health Insurance
- HSA Employer Contributions
- Dental Insurance
- Company Paid: Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Benefits; Additional Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accidental
- Legalshield/ID Shield
- 401K with Employer Match
- Personal Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Free Trash pick up within the Service area.
Walters Recycling and Refuse Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
CLICK APPLY OR VISIT: