4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
For over 50 years, Banner Engineering has been at the forefront of some of the biggest industry trends, such as the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), and our photoelectric, ultrasonic, and vision sensors, LED lights and indicators, monitoring solutions, and other safety products are used by Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders worldwide. Recognized for two years as Star Tribune’s Top Workplace, Banner is a rapidly growing company that offers many personal development opportunities, an excellent benefits package, and a collaborative team of employees who are passionate about what they do.
In this important role you’ll be integrally involved in all aspects of printed circuit board design including library maintenance, PCB layout of up to ten layers, design verification, and post-processing to prepare for manufacturing. This will be a permanent, on-site position at our corporate headquarters, located at Highways 169 and 55 in Plymouth, MN.
What You Will Be Doing
- Create schematic symbols, component geometries and electronic components utilizing Mentor Graphics Xpedition and PCB Library Expert software.
- NOTE: If you're an experienced PCB Designer but don't use Xpedition, please check the "Preferred" list at the bottom of this posting to learn what other software packages are acceptable; with your strong knowledge in one of those software packages, we're willing to train you into Xpedition.
- Alter drawings to meet engineering requirements, and initiate Engineering Change Orders
- Receive instruction or guidance from Senior PCB designers, Electrical Engineers and Mechanical Engineers, or the Electrical CAD Manager, and collaborate with them to make changes in design and documentation
- Design and redesign PCBs from schematics and design requirements within the Mentor Graphics Xpedition, Designer and Design Capture software
- Create drawings, Gerber files and other documentation for PCB fabrication, assembly and internal verification
What You Need to Be Successful
In order to perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and regular attendance is required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates degree or equivalent in electronics field or similar
- 5 to 10 years of solid PCB design experience
- Background in PCB design for Class 2 and Class 3 rigid, rigid flex, and flexible circuit designs utilizing double sided, multilayer and HDI technologies
- Familiar with IPC specifications and terminology as it relates to PCB manufacturing
- Preferred is Mentor Graphics Xpedition schematic and PCB design software Release VX.2.0 and later, or PADS Professional VX.2 or later; also acceptable are Cadence, Altium, OrCAD or PADS Designer
- Familiarity with Fablink and Variant manager processes for creating manufacturing documentation
- Experience with a PLM system such as Windchill or Teamcenter
This job description reflects management’s assignment of key responsibilities;
it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.