PCB Design Manager
Why Work at Banner?
For over 50 years, Banner Engineering has been at the forefront of some of the biggest industry trends, such as the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), and our photoelectric, ultrasonic, and vision sensors, LED lights and indicators, monitoring solutions, and other safety products are used by Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders worldwide. Recognized for two years as a Star Tribune’s Top Workplace, Banner is a rapidly growing company that offers many personal development opportunities, an excellent benefits package, and a collaborative team of employees who are passionate about what they do.
The PCB Design Manager is a hands-on leader responsible for all aspects of leading Banner’s Electrical CAD team including technical, resource management, process management and tool management.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Maintain superior technical skills and knowledge by being a “hands-on” practitioner of electrical CAD systems on product development projects, through formal and self-training
- Coach, mentor and train the electrical CAD staff on processes, best practices, estimating, problem-solving and software applications both directly and indirectly; you’ll also research, select and purchase the external training services
- Manage the requests for electrical CAD services received from our Project Managers, and assign PCB Designers to those projects or work requests
- Recruit, interview, select, and hire PCB Designers and interns when needed as we continue to grow
- Oversee new employee onboarding, provide career development planning, and identify growth opportunities for the electrical CAD staff
- Develop and maintain electrical CAD standards and procedures
- Manage electrical CAD processes through continuous improvement, documentation, training, and governance
- Organize and facilitate a quarterly Electrical CAD Focus Team meeting to share knowledge amongst the PCB Designers, and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Design and implement workflow processes that enable the electrical CAD staff to appropriately promote new or modified part models and drawings in the Mentor and Windchill Product Data Management systems
- Evaluate and recommend purchases of electrical CAD hardware and software, and schedule and coordinate their upgrades
- Maintain a pool of floating licenses to achieve a 90% or higher quality of service
- Communicate and review job performance expectations of direct reports
- Ensure direct reports are compliant with Banner’s policies and procedures, and delivers coaching and disciplinary action as required
- Provide guidance and strong technical leadership for your team, and provide mentoring and coaching
What You Bring to the Table
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, and regular attendance is required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to support individuals with disabilities.
- Two-year technical degree with emphasis on electrical CAD, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years in a technical or managerial product development role
- Proficient in Mentor Design Capture, Mentor PCB Layout and PTC Windchill, or equivalent
- Able to stay current with new electrical CAD and product data management tools
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Able to read, write and otherwise communicate effectively in English
- Results-oriented with the ability to deliver quality, on-time results
- Well organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
5 direct reports.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of key responsibilities;
it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.