Senior Global Capacity Manager
To oversee the evaluation and resolution of capacity issues beyond the plant and regional Operations teams’ ability to address and prior to commercial impact.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as a clearinghouse for capacity issues identified on a monthly basis through Integrated Business Process escalation and through direct dialog with all Divisions that individual plants and regions are unable to resolve
- Proactively balances the corporation’s ability to process change with needed transformation by creating multi-generational plans to address complex issues of labor/professional/technical availability and cost, transportation, tax, energy, etc.
- Oversees multiple concurrent large projects led across Operations to transition projects from plant to plant, add capacity, reduce capacity, integrate, and outsource
- Leads large and complex capacity evaluations to determine the strategic level of integration and determine supply chain design
- Evaluates finished good and component manufacturing demand and identifies optimum locations to build capacity
- Focuses the organization’s capacity planning on the 2 to 5 year strategic demand horizon to address issues at the most cost-effective time and maximize our ability to capitalize on opportunity
- Maintains global Operations capital projections for the 2 to 5 year strategic horizon along with project resource plans
- Marshals appropriate resources across functions to efficiently ensure program deliverables, schedule, and budget are met
- Leads program and project level governance with Senior Management to ensure appropriate oversight and accountability
- Manages operational risk to ensure transformation occurs with minimal disruption to production
- Creates and communicates vision, aligning team members across the organization on the need for change and the program business case
- Builds buy-in across the organization, identifying obstacles to cultural change, and proposing changes to create the right environment to ensure success
- Negotiates effectively at all levels of the organization to overcome obstacles and ensure the success of the program and subordinate projects
- Identifies appropriate talent in the organization to perform project management, project support, and influencing activities
- Manages project level tasks as needed to ensure program success
- B.S. in Operations Management, Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- At least three years directly leading large-scale projects
- At least 8 years of overall experience in Manufacturing
- Excellent business transformation, change management, oral and written communications, influencing skills
- Strong Excel proficiency required. Experience with SAP and Integrated Business Planning (IBP, SIOP or S&OP) preferred.
- Ability to develop, articulate and execute strategy.
- Experience in collaborating and leading initiatives across global cross functional teams.
- Highly self motivated and directed, able to work well under pressure, manage and prioritize multiple initiatives concurrently and effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel up to 15% domestically
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.