System Administrator - SAP Basis
Responsible for providing technical support for the SAP environment including overseeing the development and organization of databases and application components, assessment and implementation of new technologies and providing IT with a long-term perspective on the relationship between SAP technology and business objectives.
Acts as team technical lead for SAP teams or team members.
Ensures the SAP applications that support our technology systems are designed to be highly available and efficiently perform.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set and maintain SAP Basis standards: determines new methods and develop new procedures for accomplishing work.
- Develop processes for optimizing SAP security.
- Manage SAP changes and re-designs. Maintain architecture, configuration, licensing and optimize the physical design for the specific SAP system.
- Acts as a technical resource for other administrators on the team. Provide work direction and assign tasks. Technical coach and mentor.
- Acts as a liaison between IT Operations and Product Development teams to provide analytical support and consulting on complex projects to ensure system and business requirements are clearly documented and understood during the design and development of the application.
- Ensure test plans are completed and covers direct and indirectly integrated solutions.
- Applies technical approaches to best resolve customer problems. Keeps current with new approaches in the field (e.g., classes, reading, working with experts).
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering, a related degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Capable of understanding client needs and translating this into products and services.
- Ability to technically decompose and organize complex work. Lead small teams to successful completion.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience implementing, administering, and maintaining policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company SAP systems.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.